...greener on the other side."
We all know that that is a bunch of bull....
so why do we still have moments of wishing life were different?
If only....
If only I had more money....
or less kids....or more kids....
or a bigger house....
or was a size 4....
If only I had a nanny....or a personal chef....
or for crying out loud would it really be that bad if I wanted both?
What about a monthly manicure/pedicure....
or wonderfully stylish clothes that would just magically
show up on my doorstep....
without having to go shopping with 4 kids...
Would it really make life better?
No. No. and another NO.
It wouldn't. We all say that we "know" that....
but somehow our actions and thoughts don't always agree.
What if my brother were still here on earth?
I would spend more time with him....
and be more sensitive to his feelings.
I would listen more....and judge less.
I would hug him and tell him I love him more....
I would bear my testimony to him.
I WOULD. I promise....I really, really would...........
But wait....would I? Really?
I was sitting at my computer the other night
reading some blogs that I follow with tears running down my face.
"Why do I do this to myself?
Why do I sit and read these stories that make me bawl like a baby?"
Well....Let me tell you why.
Because these people are my inspiration.
They are not thinking about having more money or cuter clothes.
They are not wishing they lived in a bigger house
and drove a better car.
They aren't wishing that their children were better behaved
or that their spouse was "more in-tune" with their feelings.
They aren't wishing that their children were better behaved
or that their spouse was "more in-tune" with their feelings.
They've been dealt a crappy card (to put it mildly) and they aren't whining about it.....
or even trying to figure out how to get rid of it.
They are thankful to be breathing.
Thankful to be surrounded by loved ones.
Thankful for modern medicine. Thankful for poopy diapers.
They are embracing their challenges in a way that humbles me.
Thankful for modern medicine. Thankful for poopy diapers.
They are embracing their challenges in a way that humbles me.
And more importantly.....THEY ARE SHARING.
Sharing their most inner thoughts and feelings....
with the whole world.
They are opening up their hearts
and letting us (sometimes complete strangers)
ride this journey with them.
I've been reading Kate's blog since June 30th 2009.....the day after she was diagnosed. I just happened to find this link on Facebook. My sweet children pray for her by name....every single night. We love her. We love her family. And we've never met them. Her parents have taught me incredible lessons on faith and relying on our Savior Jesus Christ at a time when I've needed it the most.....and they aren't even members of my own faith. Just wonderful, wonderful Christian people that are touching millions (literally) of lives through their horrific situation.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate
Cute little Bronson.....and his mom Sara. Oh how this one tugs at my heart. This is SO something that could have happened to me. Moms try to juggle so much at a time. We are so good at multi-tasking.....we have so much to do in so little time.....but at what cost? Sara is such an example to me. I admire her and have learned so much from her. I am so grateful that she has chosen to share her story when it could have been easier not to.
http://www.stakerzxposed.blogspot.com/
This next has a little more personal connection. I found a lump in my breast last week. Saw 3 doctors. Had a mammogram and an ultrasound done. All three doctors were baffled....it was huge....and they weren't sure what it was. They had a guess. A fibroadenoma tumor. Not ever cancerous....but they wanted to do a biospy to make sure. Being the "Nervous Nelly" that I am I googled it....and happened upon this blog. A cute mom with two little boys....who was diagnosed with a fibroadenoma tumor....right here in Utah.....and it IS CANCEROUS.
I was blessed. A miracle happened. The day before my biospy I woke up and my lump was gone. Completely. Not a sign of it anywhere. Why? Why Becky and not me? Man she has a long road ahead of her.....a road I will follow closely with prayer and hope.
http://beckyandjustinanderson.blogspot.com/
A dear friend....one of my mom's very best friends from High School (You should see the two of them in my moms wedding pictures....hahaha!) shares her experience with drug addiction and the battle to come clean.....only to discover buried health issues that seek to destroy life as she knows it. She is a rock. She has an amazing attitude and an even more amazing family that walk beside her every step of the way. (Oh, and she is HILARIOUS!)
http://mamandmore.blogspot.com/
Join me in praying for these people. Join me in trying to get "the grass is greener on the other side" idea out of our lives. Let us embrace today. Let us embrace our challenges. Let us share our joys AND our trials with each other so we can help each other learn and grow.
And now.....let me step off my soap box....
and try to practice what I preach.
9 comments:
I have insomnia with this pregnancy and so here it is 5:00 am and I decide to look at blogs (which I rarely do) and you have the most recent post. As I sit here sobbing after reading the links to those blogs, I am so grateful that I could not sleep. Jeremy started a new job and has been gone a lot lately and I find my patience running thin with my kids. I already said a prayer of gratitude for my life and the blessings I have. Thanks for sharing and reminding me what is important.
Ah Warry... You never cease to amaze me!!! You are such an example to me. I couldn't ask for a better older sister.... Love you!!!
Thank you for this post! You are amazing and I am so glad everything turned out ok with you!
Great post, so glad everything is ok with you, how scary!! I love reading similar blogs, crying and wondering the same things. Why them and not me? I am trying so hard to do what you're talking about and embrace each day, it's one of my goals for this year, and the hardest!! Thanks for the reminder...
Just so you know .. this is how I feel about you. Your blog ALWAYS makes me cry 'cause you always say just the thing I need to hear.
Thanks, Chiara!
You have such a beautiful way with words! You should write something! I am glad that things are good with you. I also think I have it pretty bad and wish things were different right now, but I am trying to look at my glass half full. Thanks, for the wonderful reminder!!
Your blog is always an inspiration Wary. I love you with all my heart and couldn't be more grateful or proud of the amazing daughter that you are. Thanks for just everything!!!
Amen. Thanks for putting so beautifully. You are quite amazing yourself.
Thanks for posting these blogs. I haven't cried like that in years. So touching. It definitely made me appreciate my children a lot more. Thank you! So glad everything is ok with you. You are such a great person and you are so strong!
Post a Comment