Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Latest and Greatest

Mason goes to change his clothes after school one day....and comes back downstairs with the most panicked look on his face. Fighting tears and trying to be the big tough 9 year old that he is, he says, "Um Mom, something is very, very wrong with my leg and I have no idea what it is." Then he proceeds to slowly lower his pants.

I start laughing.

{again....in a very tough/I want to cry tone of voice}
"Mom don't laugh! What is it? What does it mean?" "Will it ever go away?"

"Mason...did you put a pen in your pocket today?"

{Slight smile} "Um yeah...I found one at recess and I put it in my pocket....why?"

Long story short....we threw these pants away. They had a huge hole in the knee anyway....


Madden is slightly addicted to the Olympics. He loves everything about them. He wants to try every sport. He cries when I make him go to bed every night.....because he's sure he is going to miss the "best event ever!" According to him....I am "the meanest mom in the world." {sigh}


Miss Marley got her first bloody nose this morning. Maybe it'll teach her that she is too little to climb onto the kitchen table....but probably not. I love her.


And Macks is just cute. That's all there is to it.

7 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

haha! Love that pic of Madden! And as for Mason... you should have told him it was some sort of flesh eating disease! ;) I love your cute family... but I love you even more! XOXO

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

Thanks for sharing your cute kids with us. It is so much fun to see them growing and learning. I feel terrible that they all love me the most. I want to share them with others, but they would all rather be with me. What a cute family.

Jill said...

Haha poor Mase. Who wouldn't be scared by that?! Love these kiddos :)

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

She got her FIRST nose bleed? Sheesh. Amelie has had about 6!! Thanks to her 2 big brothers. Good thing kids under age 2 only have cartlidge in their noses, so they cant break yet!! haha

Aislinn said...

Macks really is cute.

Maybe it's the third child, or the 2 1/2 year old age or something.....because I feel EXACTLY the same way about my O baby.

Jill said...

Awww, sad! Poor girlie. Hopefully it doesn't bruise! And, I totally would've made something up about Mason's leg! Ahhh, the joys of being the parent....cute cute kiddos!

Julie said...

Your kids are just too cute!