
Ya'll know I strongly dislike Mother's Day..... (see last years post)
It comes right after Halloween and St. Patricks Day
of days that I could surely do without.
But I make do.
The kids brought me breakfast in the bathroom,
(I was getting ready for church....sorry!)
bought me beautiful flowers for my front porch,
and some much needed gardening gloves!
My mom put together darling poems and gifts for my kids to give me when we went up to her house. Mason and Madden had a full on performance....with Mason reading and Madden doing the actions. How fitting!
My Mother's job is sometimes hard, and I have heard her say,
"The hours are long, and if I could, I'd like to change the pay."
Her profession has variety, and I will tell you now....
About the many hats she wears - and why and when and how.
My mom's a NURSE who fixes and patches
All of my hurts and my sores and scratches.
My mother's a CHEF who fixes each dinner
Fit for a King - a blue ribbon winner!
My Mom's a CHAUFFEUR who drives pretty slow
But gets me to places where I need to go.
My mom's a DETECTIVE, and no one is greater
At getting the truth from me sooner or later!
My mom is a GARDENER and works really hard,
Planting and weeding and grooming our yard.
My mother's a MAID - at least that what she said
'cause she cleans up the house and makes every bed.
My mother's an ANGEL - a queen in disguise -
who teaches the gospel with tears in her eyes.
Today take these hats off, and I'll use your scrubber.
Let me do your work, to show I LOVE YOU MOTHER!!
Love, Mason and Madden
Opening Macks and Mars gift...
Another cute poem with spatulas for all
three of us to use to bake a special treat.
(we made banana muffins!)


Giving all my dear children a big HUG and KISS!
Although it looks like I'm about to eat Marley....
and Mason and Madden's attempts to
avoid the hug and kiss as much as possible
makes me laugh out loud!
Eh - I'll keep 'em all!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME!
9 comments:
Love it! What a cute Mother's day surprise, and from such cute kiddos! I'm glad you tried hard to enjoy it!
What a cute poem and great mothers day. I am totally opposite, love mothers day. Maybe I am just too lazy, and loved to be served :)
Wow, you have a lot of kids! And breakfast in the bathroom sounds like the best! Happy mothers day. But you are "most likely to have 10kids" so you better get cracking!
Happy mother's day to a wonderful mommy! Your kiddos are so cute and what a sweet gift! YOur mom is so sweet to help them with all of that!
loved the poem!!!
War, what darling little kids you have and what a GREAT mom you are. Thanks for sharing the little ones with us. Love ya!
how cute is that!!!! you are a fabulous mama!!
I Love it! Your kids are so cute! I really liked the picture of Madden wearing a crown. What a good sport. You are a great mother!!
Happy Mother's Day to one of the BEST Mom's I know!!! XO
Post a Comment