Monday, August 4, 2008

I LOVE MY COUSINS!

I've been lucky enough to grow up being inseperable with my 4 cousins. The 5 of us have been the best of friends since the day we were born. From summer tennis lessons, daily swimming at Nani's pool, endless sleepovers complete with tickle trains and peeing our pants, 5 weeks at the cabin every summer, making movies and dance videos together, and even going to college together....we've done it all. We went to the Cheese Cake Factory when Jasmine was in town visiting, and it just so happened to be my birthday too. We got more than a few wierd stares from people sitting nearby....I think they thought we were maybe having a little TOO much fun together....if that's even possible. Thanks for the fun girls! I LOVE YOU!!

Gretchen-Shayna-Jasmine

Bridget-Chiara

Birthday Cheesecake....complete with my name in chocolate sauce! YUMMY!

Oh shoot - someone had to point out the size difference between our bites right before the picture was taken. Okay, so I'm a pig....but there ARE worse things to be you know!


Wow...Shayna has some serious EYES in this picture!!


We tried to make Gretchen take what we would call a "normal size bite" of ice cream. You've never met a more dainty eater than Gretch. Just to give you an example....ONE starburst takes Gretchen 3-4 bites. The rest of us could throw down 4 starbursts in ONE bite. We love to tease her about this and we really wanted to see her eat a big bite of something....it didn't work though...it all had to come back out and then back in in smaller portions. I think I'd be 50 pounds lighter if I could eat like Gretch!!

13 comments:

MF said...

Fun cousins! I remember meeting them all for the first time in Island Park and then having them all come to Portland shortly after that.

Shayna said...

oh, i am truly touced. p.s. we are some seriously cool girls! (i guess ladies is more accurate)

Shayna said...

i just reread my comment. its supposed to say touched not touced. oops.

theolsonfamily said...

Did I give you permission to put my picture on your blog?

Somer said...

Yum. I wish I had cute cousins to take me to Cheescake Factory. I just might have to go alone! I did that in St. Louis once, because sometimes you just have to have cheesecake.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

You girls are totally HOT!

mIcHeLLe said...

ok, i'll stalk your white mini van and come over one day...cool...however i'm kind of shy...just kidding....i'll watch for you! :)

Tyson said...

Fun times! I love the pics, they make me laugh. :) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I feel lucky to be a part of such a wonderful family! p.s. this is Julie

colterhaycock said...

It's time for a new post already... get with it you slacker!

theolsonfamily said...

I'm with Colter!

Kristie said...

That makes me so excited for our kids to grow up with their cousins. Makes the chaos when we're all together worth it!! You're all so pretty!!

Kristie said...

Hope your not freaked out I'm looking at your blog...I just made my way through the ward connection and here I am! How fun that you have such a close family. That is truly a rare thing sometimes. By the way, your boys are ADORABLE.

Caddy Haycock said...

Ok-new post ta-ta-ta-day jr!