Monday, August 18, 2008

And then they were OLD....


Since when did my children grow up? Honestly!! There are days/moments when I love how big they are and the "phase" that they are in right now, and then the next minute I'm wishing they were still little. My boys started school today. Mason is in 2nd grade and Madden in 1st. Meaning they are BOTH gone ALL day long EVERY day. I walked Mason to his class today...and before we made it to the door he bolted away from me and ran right into his classroom. I followed quickly and stood in the doorway trying to say goodbye, but he ignored me completely. He was too wrapped up in looking at the new stuff on his desk and saying hello to some old friends that were in his class again this year. I walked away and held back the tears. Madden was just as excited.




After school we went shopping to buy some new school shoes. The boys were telling us about their day....which consisted of the sentence, "I LOVE my teacher" about 40 times each. Bill had to join in the "grade school fun" and finally responded back to them, "Then why don't you just marry her?" That got both the boys to stop on the " I love my teacher" comments!!

I guess I should be grateful they are running off to school with smiles on their faces, instead of crying and having a hard time going.....but I can't help but think that a LITTLE hesitancy to leave their sweet mother dearest would be nice.....and I guess they aren't really OLD yet....what OLD people do you know insisit on you taking a FUNNY picture of them at the end of every photo shoot?

"And I better get lots of comments telling me how proud you all are that I didn't make my boys match.....it was very hard for me.....but considering Madden CHEWED a hole in the collar of his shirt that he was supposed to wear.....that made my decision easier. What 6 year old CHEWS holes in their shirts?!?!?"

15 comments:

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay, that is so funny. Right when I saw the first picture, the first thought in my mind was..."Wow, their not matching." And then I kept reading your post and read what you wrote about them not matching. You're too funny. And your boys crack me up too. They are so handsome. You're a lucky mama.
And I think I would pretty much bawl my eyes out if my kids took off like that. You stayed strong.
Are they both doing year round school?
Wow, now you just have little Macks at home. You ARE getting old! JJ =) I'm not far behing ya.

colterhaycock said...

Madden chewed a hole in his shirt? Who is that guy? Enjoy Madden's liking school because he's going to be like Carson in high school... never going.

Caddy Haycock said...

Your boys are way too big! I can't believe it. They are the cutest things.

Aislinn said...

also my first thought when I pulled up the photo. Way to go not matching them. I think it is healthy. :)

MF said...

Way to not match...but now it's time to put those collars down.

Caddy Haycock said...

Whatever-the popped collar thing is awesome!

Jill said...

Chiara, if you want them to match, let them match. Don't let anyone push you around!
P.S. I'm sorry for always making fun of you for having them match :)

Shayna said...

maybe chewing a hole in his collar was meant to be.. what if they got beat up for matching? just kidding. but seriously they look older than i recall them looking yesterday. tell bill they can love their teachers if they want - i think having a crush on your teacher helps to motivate.

Lars said...

Looks like Madden is working on Jason's facial exercises.

Or did I mix your boys up again. Yes they are bigger & older, but according to my husband you aren't officially old until you hit 40.

Carly Knibbe said...

oh my gosh i love them. my first thought when I saw the picture was they aren't matching. haha i love it when they match! and since when has madden chewed his shirts?!

Kristie said...

The matching thing is hilarious!! Your boys are so cute! Haley starts Kindergarten on Monday, and I wish it was all day!! We're cominh to Utah in October! Would love to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute on their first day of school!! My mom always matched me and my sister too.....and if I could handle to have any more kids, they would match!!

Sierra said...

Are you kidding? I am already looking for a pre-schoool for Kaia so I can get a little break. I love her to death, but MAN, I would be excited about a few hours a week on my books not hers.
I'm sure that when she finally goes though, it will be bitter-sweet. Good job on holding it together. YOU ROCK!

MF said...

So how are things going with the little teacher lovers?

Tiffany W. said...

I didn't even notice they did not match until you mentioned it. I gues I should have though! I think it is cute to match, but healthy not to every once in awhile. I remember when Carly started refusing to match cailey. so your mom just started matching Cailey to Caddy. My money is on Madden, he will be the first to not want to match Mason. So good luck finding matching clothes for Mason and Macks! hahaha. :)