Why is it that no matter how much time we spend at the cabin every year it never feels like enough? And why is it that even as a 30 year old (oh, I mean a 23 year old) I still shed tears as I drive back home?
Island Park, Idaho is a magical place. Plain and simple.
I love watching my kids explore through the woods finding joy in rocks, dirt, leaves, and sticks. I love seeing their face as they catch their first fish, and even more as they learn to gut and clean that fish. I love to see them learn to ride a motorcycle, and be brave enough to walk across the river to the Island. I love letting them eat breakfast outside in their pajamas and then let them keep playing in their pajamas until they decided they need their swimsuit on. I love having to explain to them that they can't marry their cousin even though they claim to be madly in love. I love watching the kids run and play in the summer rain storms and better yet, the smell of the forest after the rain. I love watching their face light up when they see a moose. I love not wearing make-up or doing my hair for weeks on end. I love wiping dirt off my kids faces at the end of the day knowing that they played as hard and as long as their little bodies could handle. I love being with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents day in and day out.
If only life could be like that everyday.....


This guy must have lived on our property...or close by because we saw him almost everyday.



Colter, Bridger, and Bill taking advantage of the mud puddles after the rain....a nice lon wet and muddy 4 wheeler ride

I had to lift Mason out of the boat, carry him to the shore, physically put his feet in the ski, wrap his hands onto the rope and yell for my cousin to hit it


I think he is still yelling "Nooooooo!" here. Hahahah!

But like I knew....he quickly figured out how fun it was and kept asking for more!


Both boys learned to ride their dirtbike without training wheels this summer. They couldn't get enough!

6 comments:
War: I love the post. It's true-there's something great about the cabin. I loved playing with your kids and watching them do all the fun stuff I remember doing when I was 'little' too ha ha! Your kids are so darn cute! Love your family.
gosh im so mad that i can't ever go anymore. i haven't been for the last 2 years...that just sucks. but it looks like you guys had way fun! im jealous! loveeee you
w00t w00t!
You forgot the "g" in "long" up there somewhere.
how fun! i am jealous... i have always wanted a cabin... never had one and probably never will! (can we just use yours??)
marley is getting so big - what a little cutie!
Who knew dirt bikes had training wheels? Not me! :)
Looks like it was pure heaven... wish my family had something like that!
Island Park!!! I love it. We rafted right by Macks Inn and I thought of you. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment