Thursday, November 19, 2009

Left Hydrocele Repair


This day is finally over! Yahoo!
Our little Macks had a hydrocele repair done today up at Primary Children's Hospital.
I won't bother explaining what that is....just google it! ;)-

He was a total champ. I was so worried about him having to fast from midnight last night until his surgery at 11:45 this morning, but he shocked me and did great. He only asked for food once and when I told him the Dr. said he had to wait until after he saw him he simply gave me a long drawn-out, painful, "Ohhhh-tay." And that was that.

Bill and I got some good laughs in the waiting room after he was given some Versed (a sedative to make him all loopy so being taken away from mom and dad and put to sleep isn't such a traumatic experience.) He kept giggling and trying to grab things out of the air that weren't really there, kept saying "Ohhhhhhhh," and rolling his eyes. He couldn't even kept his head up by himself, yet INSISTED on trying to get down and walk around. Bill had to keep telling me to be quiet as I was laughing so hard. We recorded him for a few minutes so hopefully I can get that posted on here tomorrow.

I am thankful for good doctors, modern medicine, and a fabulous Children's Hospital so close. Thank you for everyone that kept him in your thoughts and prayers today. Now...if only I could figure out how to keep him "inactive" for 2 weeks as instructed......hummmmm





13 comments:

Curry said...

Ah my Macky Moo.... I am so glad everything went well. Love him.

WRYUN said...

Awww what a trooper. So glad everything went well and that the day is over, it's so hard leaving them for anything even though you know it's good. Can't wait to see the video!

Christy said...

Hi Chiara, I'm so glad to hear everything went ok with Macks. Curry's been doing a crappy job of keeping us updated ;) BTW, those are the cutest pre-surgery pictures I've ever seen!

Cooper Family said...

Hey, that is one thing Macks and Everson have in common, they both have had surgery on their balls! Too bad for Everson it is no ball!

Caddy Haycock said...

I'm so glad my Macks is okay. He's such a stud and has the most innocently happy little spirit and it's contagious. Love love love him.

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

Good job Maximo! We sure love you and are glad that everything is OK. We're sure you were the cutest patient they had this week.

Love Nani and Papa

mIcHeLLe said...

Yay! So glad that is over huh? Glad u had a good experience there. And isn't versed the best! I think they should give it to the parents too! :) so glad all went well. That is never fun.

Tiffany W. said...

So glad all went well for Macky! XOXO

Carly Knibbe said...

oh my gosh i love that kid! he is so dang cute and the video's were so funny! haha can't wait to see you today!!

Katie said...

Macks is hilarious! I would dyin' laughing too. Thanks for posting the fun pics and video.

Cailey & Brady said...

i love my macky! i'm so glad everything went well i was SO stressed about him all day! ha and those videos are the FUNNIEST things i have ever seen! love you guys! bring him to see his may may tomorrow!

Sage Pierce said...

Seriously- he is THE CUTEST thing EVER! What a rock star to do so well. We miss you guys! I have loved all of your posts lately- sorry I am a crappy commenter. :)

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Sweet Macks. I'm so glad it went well. And I can see why you were dying laughing. That kid is hilarious! LOVE HIM!