My "first born in the wilderness" is NINE!
(Bill and I always refer to him as that...don't ask!)
Man we love this kid. He has the most incredible little mind....always thinking, always wondering, always creating. His actual birthday was very simple. Bill had to work most of the day, I didn't decorate the house, there was no cake (not that Mason would have eaten any if there was), no party, no big hoopla, and only one present......
a game of CHESS.
a game of CHESS.
That chess board didn't leave his side the entire day. He challenged everyone and anyone that would play him.
After being defeated 3 times I retired.
After being defeated 3 times I retired.
That night, around 2am a sleepy little boy comes into my room and quietly stands by the side of my bed and stares at me until I finally say, "Mason, what do you need?" (this is his signature move lately....)
"Um...mom, I just wanted to tell you that that was the best birthday I've ever had! Thank you SO much for my chess game. I love you!"
I instantly feel guilty about the thoughts running through my head about my last hour of sleep being ruined. My heart swells and I want to weep. I never thought it was possible to love someone so much!
Mason has been DYING to learn how to play the guitar and take lessons at school. Nani and Papa surprised him with THEE coolest guitar ever! He has been strumming away everyday and playing lots of Guitar Hero (for practice of course.) The rest of us in the house can't wait until his lessons at school start next week! :)

9 comments:
he is the sweetest boy ever i sure love him! i can't believe my little nephew is already 9 he is too darn old! love you buddy!
That boy STILL doesn't like cake!?!?
Loving your new family photo....
I sure love Mason and he better teach me to play the guitar one day. There isn't a kinder, sweeter kid around. Love you!
Papa
That is so sweet. Can't wait to see future guitar footage!
What a sweet boy! Can I trade him for one of my girls? =) I'm KIDDING. I love them.
Well, I'm going to ask, so tell the story....such a cute boy!! Happy Birthday!
we are hoping to get Connor started with guitar lessons this year too! We thought about getting him a guitar for Christmas... but since I don't have lessons arranged yet, I figured we better hold off. Plus we are still in soccer here. I can only handle ONE thing at a time! Happy Birthday Mason... you rock... literally! ;) tell your mom now that you have a guitar you have to watch School of Rock with Jack Black. It is a prereq... trust me!
It's better than accordion lessons. Way to go, Bill and Chiara.
I think Mason just wants to be like his Uncle Mike.
That 2am story melts my heart. Too sweet.
Post a Comment