Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"You've had a birthday, shout HORRAY"


I kept singing that song to Madden all day on his birthday.
He kept rolling his eyes and saying,
"Mom, can you please just stop!!"

My Mad-Man is EIGHT!
(insert weeping here)

We have a family tradition where the birthday kid gets to go out to dinner (THEIR CHOICE) with mom and dad only. The rest of the kids get shipped to a babysitters.

I wake up hearing this conversation between Bill and Madden....

Madden: Dad, I want to go to Chuck-a-rama for my birthday dinner tonight
Dad: Humm...okay....but have you heard of this place called The Cheesecake Factory?
Madden: Yes, but I don't want to go there.
Dad: Okay....have you heard of this place called The Olive Garden?
Madden: Daaaaad! Yes, but I don't want to go there either.
Dad: No problem buddy.....oh wait, you like Chili's, right? You want to go there?
Madden: You just don't like me....or Chuck-a-rama!


Long story short....and a few tears later, we ended up eating at
Up-Chuck-A-Rama much to our dismay.
Madden ate more than the two of us combined....
and drank 4 FULL glasses of COKE.....
and ended up sick laying on my lap asking if there was
medicine for people who ate too much.
I told him it was called self-control and exercise.
(who am I to say such a thing....seriously!)

Most of the people that called to wish Madden a Happy Birthday heard something like this:
"Yah well, it's not really my birthday until 5:13 PM."

Or something like this:
-{ BIG SIGH}
"you are like....the 100th person that has called me today."
(We will be focusing on our manners this summer)

It was "the best birthday ever!"

WE LOVE YOU MADDEN!!

6 comments:

Seth Washburn said...

He is so stinkin handsome! And I love his personality! :)

Eli totally got that same blue ninja hamster thing for his birthday... I so don't get them. Dallin loves to chase it all around the house more than anyone. :)

(and of course, this is Tiffany!)

The Adventurous Spencer said...

He is such a cute guy! Too bad for the chuck a rama, hopefully he gains better taste as he gets older....

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

I can't believe he went to Chuck a rama without me. I sure love my Madster!

Carroll Conversations said...

Haha! He's hilarious. Yes, definitely my Hailey's type! Now about that pre-arranged marriage...

Caddy Haycock said...

I can't believe he is 8. Chiara that is how old I was when Mason was born! Wow. Your kids are so cute and growing up soo fast. Watching them last week was a blast-I think I want to do it again soon okay? :)

Kristie said...

What a great tradition! I guess you need to be prepared for their sick choices though!! Your kids are getting so big. And little Marley sure does sound like she keeps you busy...keeping up with her brothers I guess. It was fun to catch up on your blog. I've been out of it lately:)