Tuesday, June 1, 2010

BIKE RIDE

I had this fabulous idea....

"Let's make Memorial Day and little bit more MEMORABLE....
and RIDE OUR BIKES from our house to Herriman
for the Lion's Club Chuckwagon Breakfast with the whole Haycock clan....
it's only 3.7 miles. No biggie!"

See my happy smiling "before the ride" face


These two LOVED the bike trailer


One of them always has the "can't see/sun is too bright" face going on.....


Bill drove along taking pictures and recording the fun....
he claimed he would have joined us if he had a bike....
I'm not so sure.

Mason and Madden kicked my butt....
it was a piece of cake for them



Now see my "i'm gonna die/why in the world did I have this great idea" face

when we finally pulled up to the breakfast...

The first 2.5 miles were up hill.
Not a steep hill...but a hill nevertheless.
AND I was pulling TWO really FAT kids.....
AND the wind was blowing AT us....
AND....
Okay,fine....my kids are feather weights
and I am completely and pathetically out of shape!!

Good thing coming home was all down hill, because I rode "side saddle style."
You know....like a lady in a dress back in the day riding a horse.
MY BUTT HURT SOOOO BAD!!
Truly, I wanted to cry.
It was, however, the first time in my life that I was grateful for the
extra padding I've added to my behind over the years.....
infact, it got me thinking....
sure, I could buy a new big fat padded bike seat....
OR I could simply work on putting more padding on the rear end I already own.
I think the latter sounds more appealing!


Mar slept the whole way home...the lucky duck!

7 comments:

Mike and Chelsi said...

Ha ha I love reading your blog cause it makes me so excited to have more kids!! And u are always doing the cutest things with your family! Glad memorial day was memorable even if it was a sore butt the next day!

Megan said...

Yeah, I ALWAYS make Matt pull the trailer whenever we go for bike rides. I'm such a wimp! Bill definitely needs a bike:)

Cooper Family said...

So funny! We just got a bike trailer and I am itching to try it out. If only the weather would get a little dryer for us. I'll be sure to not go up any hills!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I am laughing so hard right now. You are seriously hilarious. I've had a plan similar to yours, except I would be the "Bill" in our relationship and then Chad would be the one hauling Charlie and riding along with the girls.

However, I am so super impressed with you. That's a LONG way to travel, especially hauling that "trailer" behind ya.

theolsonfamily said...

look at you go!! I am so impressed!

Jill said...

Haha I love this idea! I totally am going to do this. I disagree with you having extra padding though. You just keep getting thinner & thinner every time I see you.
Is Macks giving a peace sign in the picture where you arrive at the breakfast? Ha ha awesome! Way to go!
Oh & next time wear different shoes haha:)

Seth Washburn said...

HAHAHAHA! Love that pic of you at the end! Priceless! I think I have a girls camp picture of you wearing that same face after our hike!! (tiff again!) :)