Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Madden

This child has amazing powers.
He can change the dynamics in our family with the flip of a switch.
If Madden is in a good mood - the whole family is in a good mood.
If Madden is having a bad day - the whole family is slightly pyschotic.
If Madden is being sweet - he is the kindest, most loving, thoughtful, helpful child around.
If Madden isn't being sweet - you want to run as far away from him as possible...or sit on his face so noise won't come out...or lock him out on the front porch and unhook the doorbell...or ground him to his room and put a huge box fan right outside the door and turn it on high and then go downstairs and turn on the T.V as loud as you can...or threaten to take away the ability to play football for as long as he lives....
(not saying that I've necessarily tried all of those......

okay, fine, maybe I have. I said maybe.)

He is a natural leader, loves being in charge, and he is extremely competivite in everything he does.....and I mean everything. He knows what reading level and spelling level everyone in his class is on and makes sure he stays on top. He knows how fast all his friends can run, who can catch the football the most times out of ten, and purposely takes HIS football to school everyday so he can claim all rights and priviledges to making the rules, chosing the teams, and keeping score. He blames the ref, every other kid on his team, the "cheaters" on the other team, or the flat ball for any loss he experiences in a game.

I love him. He makes me happy. He keeps me on my toes.
He inspires me. He makes me close my eyes, take death breaths,
and count to 10 instead of flipping out.
Because when I flip out, he just flips out right back at me....
times ten.
I have yet to win a battle with him.

He came home from school with a report he did in class on the state of Utah. I couldn't stop laughing at it. It had his name written all over it! You can clearly tell he did it all on his own. It was so awesome I had to share:


Click to enlarge

6 comments:

Mom said...

Boy I love my Madster. He is a great kid!

mIcHeLLe said...

I am DYING because just today Kase came home and said "mom...I like to play football at recess w/Madden...but he thinks that because we are playing w/HIS football..that he can make and change all the rules!"
hahahahahahhahaaaa!!!!!! and then Kase was off to do something else...but I am laughing that this post is about him/football etc....too cute. Love that kid..and I told Kase to bring his own football..duh!? ;)

Tiffany W. said...

What? You don't have to pay for land?! Tell him he sold me... and to sign me up!! ;)

Carly Knibbe said...

Oh my goodness I love him. He seriously cracks me up. I hope my kids are just like him.

Caddy Haycock said...

Ha ha! Madden that is the best report on Utah I have ever seen!

marvalyn said...

Oh my gosh, I love that Madden! He pretty much grew up on the Naughty Spot...I think he was probably on it more than he was off sometimes. Even here at my house,too-(little bum prints on the stairs). He is just one of those kids who is going to test everyone and everything. Good job Mom and Dad it has all been worth it. He is such a sweet boy and so much fun to be around!!