Friday, January 20, 2012

SCOUT CAMP

Just sent my first born child off
to his FIRST scout camp.
The Klondike.
In the snow. Without his mom. Just men and boys.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!

I took everything on his packing list....
then tripled it...

Labeled individual bags:
"wear when you get to camp"

"wear when you're eating dinner....

'"wear after you're done playing in the snow"

"wear to bed"

"wear when you wake up and eat breakfast"

"wear when you play in the snow again"

"wear when you drive home"

I didn't want the child getting confused!!! :)

I dropped him off at the church.
I made him give me a hug....
in front of his friends.
He rolled his eyes...
"Mooooooom! Really?"

Here's to a sleepless night...
FOR ME!!

2 comments:

Kim Wimmer said...

This is from Bion - I've been on the Klondike a few times. Unfortunately, most of the scouts will never change their clothes or their socks the entire time. One scout we know looks forward to every scout camp so he doesn't have to brush his teeth. Frankly, you are just lucky on the Klondike if they remember to keep their boots dry and out of the snow frozen during the night. Half of them will melt their boots by trying to warm them up in the fire. If you can see what actually happens on the Klondike, you'd never send them.

From Kim - it is a good thing WE women don't have to go on the Klondike.

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

The worst that can happen is that he will come back with a foot or hand missing. No big deal. You are lucky you have such a great son. He is amazing. Your payback for getting a great son like Mason is Marly. Good luck!