Our neighbor Erico is graphic designer/director and does everything from commercials to magazine adds to billboards, etc. He needed a little boy for a new commercial about water saftey and asked Mason and Madden if they'd like the job! The boys knew that only one one of them would actually be able to be in the commercial, but they wanted to have 2 boys there just in case someone got hurt, or ended up being shy and not wanting to do it. Both boys were very excited and woke up extra early that day (real great) eager to go up to the lake and get started.
They started off with Madden and it ended up that he was a natural! He had all whole crew laughing at everything he did and said. Bill and I kept looking at each other and saying, "Where did this child come from?"
Here the boys are waiting for the crew to get ready....it was a very windy cold day....and we were hoping for the look of a warm sunny day....hummm.....I'm curious to see Erico work his magic on that one! ;)-

Madden stood on the dock and threw rocks in the lake while his "Dad" talked on his cell phone to his wife, not really paying attention.....when his Dad's head went in front of the camera at a certain angle...Madden RAN out of the shot....giving the appearance that he fell in the lake and drowned without his Dad realizing it. Even though it was a cold day, they wanted him in a T-shirt....After what seemed like a million takes one of the directors Bob yelled to Madden, "Hey, sorry Mad, but we need to do it one more time." Madden replies, "Hey, that's just fine. You could do it all day if you want, I don't care...this is really fun!" He acted like he wasn't cold at all...but he had to have been! We were out there for 2+ hours.
Here is Madden on the dock with Tyson. They had a walkie talkie on the dock and when they wanted Madden to run Bob yelled through the walkie talkie for Madden to run to Tyson at the other end of the dock. Let's just say the whole thing was pretty comical. One of my favorite lines I heard Madden say to Tyson was, "So, what channel is this going to be on anyways?"

Madden's "Dad" talking on his cell phone

Madden was going through rocks like crazy...during one take you here Madden yell from the dock, "Ummm....hey guys, I'm out of rocks!!" So they had to cut and start over. Which was wonderful because that gave Mason and job and a feeling of being needed.....he became the official rock collector...and he was SOOOO good at it! :)-

At the end we all got to go see a few of the takes in the back of the "sweet" van. (according to Madden) It was hilarious because one of the guys said, "Play take number 28, I think that one was the best." But when we played it it was the one where Madden messed up and didn't run when he was supposed to....but according to him, it was all Bob's fault.....he said, "I just want to let you guys know that that was NOT my fault, Bob was supposed to tell me to run on the walkie talkie and he didn't....so it was all HIS fault....so don't play take 28 again!"

We will have to let you know when the commmercial airs......
Here the boys are waiting for the crew to get ready....it was a very windy cold day....and we were hoping for the look of a warm sunny day....hummm.....I'm curious to see Erico work his magic on that one! ;)-
Madden stood on the dock and threw rocks in the lake while his "Dad" talked on his cell phone to his wife, not really paying attention.....when his Dad's head went in front of the camera at a certain angle...Madden RAN out of the shot....giving the appearance that he fell in the lake and drowned without his Dad realizing it. Even though it was a cold day, they wanted him in a T-shirt....After what seemed like a million takes one of the directors Bob yelled to Madden, "Hey, sorry Mad, but we need to do it one more time." Madden replies, "Hey, that's just fine. You could do it all day if you want, I don't care...this is really fun!" He acted like he wasn't cold at all...but he had to have been! We were out there for 2+ hours.
Here is Madden on the dock with Tyson. They had a walkie talkie on the dock and when they wanted Madden to run Bob yelled through the walkie talkie for Madden to run to Tyson at the other end of the dock. Let's just say the whole thing was pretty comical. One of my favorite lines I heard Madden say to Tyson was, "So, what channel is this going to be on anyways?"
Madden's "Dad" talking on his cell phone
Madden was going through rocks like crazy...during one take you here Madden yell from the dock, "Ummm....hey guys, I'm out of rocks!!" So they had to cut and start over. Which was wonderful because that gave Mason and job and a feeling of being needed.....he became the official rock collector...and he was SOOOO good at it! :)-
At the end we all got to go see a few of the takes in the back of the "sweet" van. (according to Madden) It was hilarious because one of the guys said, "Play take number 28, I think that one was the best." But when we played it it was the one where Madden messed up and didn't run when he was supposed to....but according to him, it was all Bob's fault.....he said, "I just want to let you guys know that that was NOT my fault, Bob was supposed to tell me to run on the walkie talkie and he didn't....so it was all HIS fault....so don't play take 28 again!"
We will have to let you know when the commmercial airs......
7 comments:
Awesome! Please let me know when the season premier airs so I can be ready!
HAHA MADDEN IS SO DANG FUNNY! I DONT KNOW WHERE THAT KID GETS HALF THE STUFF HE SAYS...MUST BE FROM HIS FUNNY AUNT JO JOB!;) AND MASON IS THE BEST KID EVER! WHAT A GOOD SPORT.
I know-your kids really are the best little things ever! I love them so much! They are so funny and I can't wait to see Madden as a big actor on tv ha ha!
I don't suppose they will be airing this water safety commercial in Louisiana?? If so I want to know when so i can brag how i know someone famous! ;) But poor Mason... Connor would have been so sad!
oh and just know from now on...that when it says seth...that really means Tiffany! :)
I've seen the commercial twice..once on Fox during American Idol and then during The Office... It is a Primary Childrens Hospital public safety thing. haha - madden is just a blur in the background.
A famous blur you mean!! ;)-
Post a Comment