Friday, October 10, 2008

CHANGE.....

As most of you know, Bill has been unemployed for the past few months. It has been a time of ups and downs. There have been times where I've felt slighty scared or nervous about the outcome. Times when I have found myself in tears, but wasn't quite sure why. Everyone has always asked if I am "freaking out"....but I can honestly say I've never really felt "freaked out." There was always this comforting feeling knowing that somehow, sometime, everything would work out. I knew it. It always has. As we've worked together through the tough times in our lives, as we've prayed and stayed close to our Savior, and as we've loved each other.....we've been blessed. Bottom line.

Bill is starting a new job at Ebay on Monday. And I'm SAD about it. It's a great opportunity for him. I think he's somewhat excited. But, I don't want him to go to work everyday. I want him to stay home. To talk with me, laugh with me, COOK for me, take naps with me, watch movies with me, CLEAN with me, play with the kids nonstop, and run errands with me. (okay...really I should say run my errands FOR me! I think I've only gone to costco ONCE in the past 4 months....when normally I'm there weekly. I write the list and off he goes. It's been the best!!) Can't he somehow make money AND stay home and do nothing with me all day? Why can't that work? I've always been the type of wife who has said, "I could NEVER have my husband work from home. It would drive me crazy! There is a reason why men should GO to work." But I've now changed my mind. I would give anything to have him home all day. I don't want this change. Money bites!

4 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Then tell him to just quit his job already! You can live off of medicaid and all the free handouts...I hear they have some really good ones. Because once he starts making the big bucks it is just going to be unfairly taxed anyway! (I really am having SO much fun with all this Chiara)

But in all seriousness...congrats to Bill on his new job. Sending your best friend back to work all day must suck after having been lucky enough to spend that time together. I would be sad too.

Sierra said...

I feel that same thing every 2 weeks when Ben has to go back to the slope. IT SUCKS. But at least you now have the security that comes with the sacrifice... I'm sure it is better for his psyche too. Best of luck to you and your fam.

Somer said...

Evan works three twenty-fours. On the days that he works, I hate his schedule. But on the days he's home, I love it. I'm with you, when can they retire?

mIcHeLLe said...

yeah for the job...but I totally know what you mean....my husband is home almost all SUmmer...and everyone says, "how can you stand it?" and it has it's days, but oh the errands, sleeping in...I hear you! Ugh...wish money grew in the community garden :(