Yep, that's right....I am 21 weeks pregnant with a LITTLE GIRL and we couldn't be more thrilled! This little one was a great big surprise that wasn't planned at all. (I guess I still haven't learned that I'M NOT IN CHARGE like I like to think I am. First, it takes almost 2 years and 5 miscarriages to get Macks....and then this one pops along WITH a goalie in place! hahah)
After keeping quiet for what seems like FOREVER, we finally started telling people. We first told the boys last night. Their reaction was hilarious and I wish more than anything I had recorded it, but I didn't! :(
It went like this:
Bill: So guys...have you noticed that mom's tummy is getting a little bit bigger?
Mason: Gets huge wide eyes and a great big smile and says, "Oh man, are you serious? You are having another baby?"
Madden: It better be a BOY!
(Bill and I both laugh a little bit at that....)
Bill: Chiara, why don't you show the boys the shirts you have for them to wear to tell all the rest of the family we are having a baby?
(I pull the shirts out of the bag.....one by one....3 shades of pink...yes, I bought my boys totally girly shirts...in every shade of pink. It took a little convincing to get them to wear them...)
Madden: NOOOOOOOO! Not a girl!!
Madden: NOOOOOOOO! Not a girl!!
Mason: (Jumps up off the couch and runs towards me and gives me a huge hug) and says, "Oh mom, I'm so happy for you. Now you won't be the only girl in our family!"
(Meanwhile Madden is STILL whining about it being a girl and saying that he doesn't want girl toys at our house and asking us if we are SURE it's a girl. Then he has to add, "All girls do is whine!" We found that quite comical since Madden is the biggest whiner EVER!)
Then this morning (Sunday October 12th) we had the boys wear their shirts to visit Grandma Lyn and then up to my parents house to tell all of my family. As you can imagine....we had great reactions from everyone! Someone is going to be very spoiled! I guess that is one of the great bonuses of having all our kids before any of our siblings get their acts together and have some. (LOSERS!)
Tonight as we are putting the boys in bed Madden says, "You know what mom? I've been thinking a lot about it....and imagining what it will be like with a girl in our family....and I still just want it to be a boy!" Hahahah! I was sure he had come to his senses and joined in with the excitement of everyone else...but no. He's still sure it should be a boy. Oh well, I guess he has 4 months to get used to the idea.....I'm sure he'll come around.....hopefully!
38 comments:
Congratulations! We are so excited for you and we are very impressed you kept this a secret for so long. We love and miss you!
The Coopers
Congrats to you!!!!! YAY for girls! Madden is tooo funny.
P.S. Did I mention how excited we are for you??? Oh and that I have so many of the usual and annoying prego questions for you that you should just host a post for that sometime in the near future...stuff like do you have her name picked out? Are you sticking with M names? How have you been feeling? you know the usual questions... CONGRATS!
Congratulations! You are going to love having a girl. I am so happy for you guys!
Aly
Aaahhhh! Wahooo..:) So I know subconsciously you want to be just like the Olmsteads (ya right! more like the other way around :)
We are so so happy for your family. What a wonderful surprise blessing! Feb. is a fun time to have a winter baby, you'll probably be needing a girlie car seat cover - just let me know which one you want
love ya!
Congratulations!! She is so lucky to have all brothers, just like me. Bet your excited to start shopping for all pink for a change. Mike and Courtney need to get going...
Yahoo! A Girly Fronce! Congratulations! You and Shayna are too sneaky, keeping your secrets under those flat tummies. So happy for you!
Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Watch out, this baby is going to be so pretty, because her brothers are very handsome!!!
That is wonderful! As soon as I saw the boys in pink I knew you were having a girl. I am with Mason, I'm glad you won't be the only girl in the family anymore. BTW I am expecting as well. I am only 14 weeks and I don't know what I am having but I am praying for a boy. 2 girls, 2 boys, that would be perfect. When are you due you didn't say?
YAY!! We are so excited for you guys! Congratulations!
Yea! for the Fronce fam! What great news! You'll have to pass your secret along to Linds and Mark :). I can't wait to see how dang cute that babykins will be. Your posts are so fun- guarenteed good laugh! I also can't wait to see how cute Bill will be with a little girl. Fun, fun, fun ...
oh, I am so excited for you! What a perfect family you have! And you are such a cute mom! You so deserve this, and you are right, we are NOT in charge...control freak!! heehee....I love that Madden want's another brother...Kase is the same way...he would be so happy with an entire basketball team at our house...he's not a fan of Chloe's girl toys, but I do admit, it's a nice change from Power Rangers!
yeah...I am not really sold on those shirts. I mean pink T-shirts would have been fine...but those ruffled sleeves...come on! I don't blame Madden. ;)
Congrats again...and for no one to tell you are pregnant at 20 weeks...you must look amazing!!!
Yeah! I don't know how you kept it a secret. I always want to wait to announce until knowing what we are having but I could never keep it a secret until then let alone keeping it hidden. Now post some pics of your prego belly! I want to hear the names too!
Yeah,yeah,YEAH! We couldnt be more excited for you guys, as you already know since I just got off the phone with you. WE cant wait to meet her! And way to go Bill on the job, hope you like it. Come and play soon- we miss you guys
YEAH!!! We are so excited for you guys. You will LOVE having a girl. They are so fun:) Wow... you kept it secret for that long? I couldn't do that. Pretty impressive. What great news. You just made our night. Keep us posted on the details. Love you guys! Jason and Tricia
A little Chiara on her way! Congrats! Bring on those head bows and tutu's...
Congrats! That is so wonderful! Girls really are so fun! Glad that everything has gone so smoothly with this little angel!
I don't know why I started crying when I read that. I am very excited for you! When can I throw you a shower? Is late January good for you?
In case you couldn't tell yesterday (ha ha) I am SO excited for you!!
Congratulations!! Such fabulous news.
I am soooo excited for you. I can only imagine what a gorgeous baby girl you are going to have. YAY!
Dave and I just laughed our heads off at that little role play!! You guys are too funny. sounds like you NEED a girl:)
Congratulations. She is going to be so cute. Love the shirts. Your boys are adorable. They will be so protective of her. SO excited for you.
Congratulations!
Madden will come around. Parker was SOOOO mad when he found out I was pregnant with a girl but FINALLY got used to the idea and then decided HE was going to be in charge of her wardrobe, etc, etc. It just takes some convincing. They will all be such cute big brothers!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you!
Jenn
So exciting guys! I can't believe that you were able to wait that long to tell. You have such a darling family I am sure she is going to join right in. I am glad I finally got into the blogging world so I can actually see what people are up to! Let's start thinking about a Christmas party with everyone? What do you think. Congrats again. Girls are so fun...
Congratulations!!! How do you keep such things a secret for so long? Jessie and I can't keep the secret. We've tried, and it lasts about 2 days. LOL Wishing you the best.
The problem with a girl is that you now have to worry about multiple penises rather than just one. Hahahaha!
Geez - apparently if I want people to comment on our blog we just have to get Jill pregnant. Hmmm....
Wow Chiara! That is so exciting! Having a girl is fun (most of the time...) Congratulations, I am sure she will be adorable.
Yeah!!! Tell me which bows you want and I will make them for you! Tell me about it- after a condom baby and then an IUD baby- you start to realize that you can make plans but sometimes you are spinning your wheels...We are not always in charge. Congratulations you guys!!
Preggers!!!! Yeah for you!!! And you finally get your lil girlie! Oh you will love it! That's funny, cause I am prego 10 weeks.. we keep some how planning these things together! I love it! How is your pregnancy going?
Hope all is well!!!
Sierra
How AWESOME :) Ohhh, I really hope we can continue to follow in your footsteps... you know, in a year or two. I can not wait to meet her! Yay!
AWESOME!!!!! The picture of your boys just gave me the chills! You're right...that little girl of yours is going to be dolled up all of the time and spoiled rotten! I'm so excited for you!! So I guess there's still hope for us, right:)
I can't believe you hid it for so long! I did that with my 3rd, hid it until we knew the gender. I was only able to do it because the season was right and I could wear big sweatshirts. Way to go! It is so fun announcing your pregnancy AND the gender at the same time. Hope you're feeling well!
im SOOOOO excited! can't she just be here now!!!!
Get out of town! I am so happy for you. Baby Girl Fronce and Baby Violet will be the bestest of friends. I was wondering if you were ever going to have a girl. At first I didn't think so, mostly because you are such a great mom to those boys. But now you will be able to spoil this sweet little girl. She will be very well cared for and protected knowing that she has 3 older brothers! I can't wait to see what a baby girl Fronce is going to look like! She's going to be just beautiful.
I am extremely happy for ya'll. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Chiara, I am SOOOOO excited for you! Girls are so much fun. I actually heard through the grapevine a while ago, but just ran across your cute blog tonight. Love it, and love you. Congrats!
Comment #38
What kind of sister-in-law would I be without telling you congrats!? Probably not a very good one. Hmmm, maybe I'll tell you next time I see you :) Ha ha just kidding - CONGRATS! We love you guys. We're so happy for you!
Post a Comment