Saturday, February 21, 2009

Marley is here!

Just a quick post to let it be known that Marley is here.
Born Feb. 21 at 5:41am
Weighing in at 8 lbs 2 oz
Measuring 19.5 inches long



Chiara did an amazing job. We stopped by the hospital on our way home from dropping the boys off in Bountiful on Friday night. She was having contractions (and I didn't want to drive all the way out to So. Jordan just to turn around and have to haul back to St. Marks in Salt Lake - and repeat the Macksen delivery when he was born 17 minutes after we got to the hospital).

They monitored her for a while but ended up sending us home - very much to our disappointment since we knew we were having this baby this day. We came home, and slept until Chiara woke me up a little after 3:30am saying we needed to go. So we hauled back to St. Marks as fast as the little mini-van would take us.

This time we arrived with enough time to actually get admitted and get all setup comfortably. Marley came out screaming and didn't want to stop until she got warmed back up and had a little formula to fill her belly. After those needs were taken care of, she was extremely pleasant the rest of the day.

Thanks to everyone for their help in watching kids, offering to watch kids, and just being supportive.

21 comments:

Carly Knibbe said...

oh my gosh macks looks like the happiest boy alive to hold little marley! She is so dang cute im so excited to see her! Love you guys and sorry cay and I weren't there.

Cooper Family said...

Very cute picture! Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

Loved the pictures! She is so beautiful and your boys are so cute with her.

Katie said...

Yea! I can't wait to see her :) That really is the BEST big brother Macks shot! I noticed even Madden couldn't hold in a tiny smile :)

Lars said...

Congratulations!
Good driving Bill! Your big plan was only a day off Chiara! Yea!

You all look great. Bring on the pink.

Ashley said...

Congrats! You can tell the boys adore her already. Sheesh! As if they wouldn't.

Anonymous said...

we are so happy for you guys!! she is a little cutie and we love her name:)

CONGRATS!!!

Caddy Haycock said...

She is so cute and little! I know all of your boys were once as small as she was in my arms, but it still seems so crazy! I love her round round face and cute little chin :) Good work War and Bill!

Tiffany W. said...

She is beautiful! You did a good job! can't wait to meet her. XOXO to her!

Carroll Conversations said...

Congratulations you guys! She's beautiful! I am wondering where your mom's famous bows are? Not a single pic with a big giant bow on her little head. =) Okay, I guess that will come with time. So happy for you!

theolsonfamily said...

What do ya mean- not as pretty as her brothers, but beautiful nonetheless! She's darling!

Très Sucré said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!

Ashley said...

congrats! Happy to have another Marley in the world. Hopefully she won't be as crazy as mine. We miss you guys. Let me know how the world of 4 kids treats you...should I check myself into mental institution now?

Sage Pierce said...

CONGRATULATIONS Chiara and Bill! I was just thinking tonight about calling you to see how you were feeling Chiara! I'm so happy that everything went well! Marley is darling! And like everyone else, I LOVE the pictures of all of your boys. What a great family!!! Good luck with everything!

Patrick and Paige said...

CONGRATS!!!! She is so cute. Love the pictures of the boys kissing her. She will be so loved by all your boys. What treat and I love her name.

Cambry said...

Congratulations! She is a beauty, as we all knew she would be! We're so happy for you all to have a little princess to love and share. We'll get your johnny jump-up back to you soon. Get some rest, Chiara.

MF said...

Way to go, Chiara. And way to go Madden for not dropping her on purpose because she's not a boy!

MF said...

oh yeah...and good job, Bill, for getting your wife to the hospital without a speeding ticket. Go Honda Odyssey! The minivan for rocket pilots.

The Holverson Family said...

Congratulations! We would love to bring you dinner!

K.C. and Sally said...

She is so cute! Helps when she has such a gorgeous mom!! You look amazing for just giving birth, gives me hope that I might look decent the next time...Looks like the boys already adore her. She is lucky to have those three guys to keep an eye on her...

Aislinn said...

Can't believe I havent wished you CONGRATS! yet. Congrats Chiara! Love her name.