
How could I forget such a big event?!?!?
My brother Cody's dog Otis got married
to his sweetheart Scarlett on June 9th, 2010
It was love at first sight
(if you believe in such a thing with humans....let alone animals)
when these two met 2 years ago

When Scarlett's mom called (on behalf of Scarlett)
and asked my mom (in lieu of Otis)
if they could get married...
What was my mom supposed to say?
NO?!?
So of course she said, "yes!"
We are NOT dog lovers at our house....
but when Cody passed away,
his dog became all we had left of him.
So we love him.
Otis is like a son....a brother....an uncle....
And some of us even treat him like a human
{ah-hum....MOM}

My favorite part of the night was when the actual ceremony was about to begin Scarletts Dad (who was going to perform the ceremony) said quietly to his wife,
"I'm just going to do it really fast."
"NO!" she yelled
"You will do it AS WE PRACTICED!"
And so they did.....With Scarlet'ts mom walking her down the aisle....with her iphone in her hand....recording the whole thing.....while singing out loud...."Dun, dun, da dun...."
I tried really really hard not to laugh....I promise.

7 comments:
no way..I would say that I don't believe it...until you told me that one story about that one thing...and now I will believe anything.
You get all the fun!
I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! I love it! It looks like Stella is missing out...time to find her a husband I guess:)
Um - for the record - I was one of "those family members" that did not go suppurt this silliness.
I am embarassed that this is on the blog.
What are you talking about Bill?! That is seriously FREAKING HILARIOUS. Their names alone...and then you add the pictures. OH.MY.GOSH. I am crying laughing, and might have just peed my pants a little. Just kidding. Maybe. Next time you have something like this happen, could I please receive an invite?!
Oh, I'm laughing, too. Bill, you really could have embraced this big family event. In fact, I may not believe your "embarassment." I bet you were there holding the rings for Otis, weren't you?! In your tux and everything.
The pictures were great, Chiara. Thanks for sharing. Anna will get such a kick out of this wedding.
Bill you totally missed a awesome opportunity to laugh and make fun! ;) So hilarious!
Do they live together now? did they have a honeymoon? How does a dog marriage work exactly? :)
Post a Comment