Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
We just love it!

The show built a home in our neighborhood this summer and we watched its progress and looked forward to the "MOVE THAT BUS!" day for what seems like forever!

I went 3 hours early and got a front row spot. I was so proud of myself and excited for my kids to be able to see the whole thing so well.

Just before the action began the producers decided to move the barrier, that we were standing behind, closer to the house so that more people could fit in the back. I quickly saw my front row spot disappearing.....and did not heed the producers demands to "STAND STILL." He had some choice words for me, I had some choice words for him, then 2 very large women stole my spot. When I kindly asked them if my little kids could stand in front of them so they could see....they replied with a "No, sorry, we were here first!" It truly took all my self control not to deck them!
We gave up the fight and moved to the very back so my "littles" wouldn't feel like they were suffocating. Madden wept. I was fuming. It started to rain. But I stood my ground and held out hope that we could still be a part of the magic. I told my boys they could go climb up the fence in the back and sit on top and be able to see over everyone's heads. I was a hero. They were again so excited.....until a police officer told them they had to get down. To which I replied, "No you guys don't. You are MY kids and I'll tell you what to do! Stay right there!"

Long story short.....we left before anything exciting happened. It was either that or I get arrested! Let's just say I wasn't being very patient, nor a very good example to anyone near me....especially my children. But I don't stand somewhere and save spots for nothin'!!
(see, I still can't just give it up & admit I was wrong. I better just stop!)
My love for Extreme Home Makeover Edition has turned sour.
Madden overheard Marley chanting her well practiced
"MOVE THAT BUS" cheer the other day.....and said to her,
"Marley, do you have to?
Do you have to remind us what a horrible day that was?"
3 comments:
Don't worry sis, that would have made my extremely angry too. What rude ladies!!
You totally should have punched those ladies and kept your boys on the fence. You being arrested would have made for a much better blog post! ;)-
I'm with Tiffany on this one. I would have bailed you out too, after a day or two anyway.
Post a Comment