Thursday, January 7, 2010

Of all the places......

my son chooses to "do his dirty work".....he chooses my pantry.
I know....gross!
I won't be offended if you refuse to eat at my house in the next few months while I try to break him of this horrible habit.....
For months now Macks will announce the fact that he needs to go poop....and then runs to my pantry, and with the light off he closes the door.....takes advantage of the privacy, darkness, and good smell.....and simply takes care of business! We have tried to get him potty trained...believe me. He wants NOTHING to do with it.
It freaks him out!

Just tonight a light bulb went off in my head....maybe if I put his potty IN the pantry....
Yah, that's the trick!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! Isaac totally does the same thing! Something about little boys and pantries :)

mIcHeLLe said...

what is with kids hiding to poop...mine all did that...too funny. Oh and by the way, i'm so jealous of your pantry. Whoever designed my home was not a female because I got the crappiest pantry of everyone... :(
and Macks can poop wherever he wants with those big brown eyes!!!

Cooper Family said...

That is so funny! Everson hides beside our couch or under the dining room table.

Mike and Chelsi said...

ha ha i love it!!! it's official I'm coming to you for parenting advice when it comes to potty training dax!!

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

Jackson and Lily BOTH did that, but they would poop in "containers" and hide them. Gross I know!! EW!! 2 years ago we were driving to California, and I was up in the kids bedrooms getting the suit cases out of the closet and I founda "gift" in Jacksons suit case. MAD, yes, LAUGHED, yes...parenthood. Macks and Porter are the same age, and Porter has NO desire to go NEAR the potty. he wont even go in the bathroom EVER. He brushes his teeth in the KITCHEN. Bath time has to be in my bathroom, where the tub is separate from the toilet. crazy boy

Elizabeth said...

Glad that I helped eat some of your candy in there before he started potty training. But is he doing better now that it is where he wants it?

Jill said...

For some reason I can envision Macks as a 20 year old by looking at the second picture...weird. Ha ha I love this! However, we will be inviting you over to OUR place for dinner if Macks's potty is in fact, in the pantry. I'm surprised Bill would allow this. Ha ha love you guys! Good luck!

Tiffany W. said...

Wait, I don't get it. If he informs you he has to go poop and runs to the pantry... why are you LETTING him?!? GROSS! It is one thing if he does it secretly... another if you're encouraging this behavior. BOttom line... don't be surprised if social services shows up on your doorstep. ;)

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

I'm pretty sure he is doing double duty in there, eating and pooping. What a smart kid! It also looks like the cupboard is almost bare. When do you want to go shopping?