that left this poem and sweet ornament of my brother Cody on my parents' doorstep Christmas morning.....
I have read it and re-read it....it brings me so much peace.
It was the perfect Christmas gift.
Thank you.
Thank you for remembering Cody....and for remembering us....and for knowing how difficult this Christmas would be. Thank you for following the promptings of the spirit and doing this act of service.
My First Christmas In Heaven
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting in the snow;
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare...
with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you; the joy their voices bring,
For it's beyond description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I've sent you each a special girt, from my Heavenly home above.
I've sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.
Pleas love and keep each other, as my Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings of love.
He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas, and wipe away that tear.
Remember I'm spending Christmas....
With Jesus Christ this year.
My First Christmas In Heaven
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting in the snow;
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare...
with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you; the joy their voices bring,
For it's beyond description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I've sent you each a special girt, from my Heavenly home above.
I've sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.
Pleas love and keep each other, as my Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessings of love.
He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas, and wipe away that tear.
Remember I'm spending Christmas....
With Jesus Christ this year.
4 comments:
wow i love that poem!! i love you and your family!!
What a beautiful poem and what a thoughtful person to do that for your family! Love you. XO
Crying again. So thoughtful and such a great perspective to help ease the pain a little.
Thank you for sharing, Chiara! I hope you don't mind but I want to post this on Bailey's blog. I have struggled a lot since Chrsitmas and this is perfect!
You are the best!
Post a Comment