Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PINEWOOD DERBY

I complained quite a bit last year (see here)
on this whole competitive pinewood derby issue....
so I won't bore you again this year. I'll just say that we had fun.
Making 2 cars this year was a little more difficult...
especially because Bill sick with the flu the 3 days prior to the race.
We used our connections and had many friends loan us their tools!
It was wonderful!

Bill and I may have had a little too much fun melting lead with a torch...

During the building process
I kept reminding Bill that if he didn't secretly make
Madden's car better than Mason's car....
he was going to have to hear about it for the rest of his life.
Something along the lines of,
"You just love Mason better than me!" or
"Why did you make Mason's good and mine crappy?"

Mason lost in the first round. Didn't care one bit.
He found the humor and excitement in getting the
"Fastest Looking Car" award.

Madden THOUGHT he got booted in the first round and
proceeded to cry until he realized that
he DID indeed go on to the next round....
and the next round....
and ended up winning 4th place.

He didn't find the humor in getting THE SAME award as Mason.
I believe his exact words were,
"Yeah, Fastest Looking Car award means
nothing when you really aren't the fastest!"

Fortunately we didn't have to hear any more crying....
Instead we just got a lot of.....
"that's stupid they don't just have FOUR trophys!"
and
"If that dumb kid didn't make me drop my car...."
and
"Why did they make me race in track #3 - that one sucks!"

I have no idea where this kid came from.
He clearly is not mine......or Bills.
You would think he was his Aunt Carly or Aunt Curry's kid.....
(and for the record - Bill and I did NOTHING different on Mason's car as opposed to Madden's. Truly.)

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh boy, I can hardly wait for those days...That will totally be Ryan's department. And seriously, who wants an award for fastest looking? I hope they at least got treats too...

Cailey & Brady said...

Hahahaha I was just laughing so hard I'm crying. I can hear every word come out of mads mouth! Ha and sweet mason! Love them both!

Tiffany W. said...

HAHAHHA! Sadly, I could envision all those excuses coming from Connor's mouth too!

Um, I am pretty sure I said this last time, but I am going to say it again... aren't THEY supposed to make their OWN cars?!? NOT THEIR MOM AND DAD!?! I hope the boys lost to kids who actually made their own cars! ;)-

Otherwise... you all are just pure 100% lame!

Carly Knibbe said...

That is fine by me I would totally claim his as my own!

Curry said...

I second that comment Carly!!