Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Haps

Life has been boring lately.
I guess that's what happens when school starts.
Booooooooooooo! Me no likey!

As much as Mason LOVES school,
he's sad that he doesn't get to read as much.
His teacher has already emailed me asking me to help
remind Mason that he can't read books during instruction time.
And to encourage him to TRY and stay with the class
when they read out loud in their class book.....
because by the time they get to him to read out loud
he has no idea where they are.....
because he is 15 pages ahead in the book! Whoops!!
Here is a little glimps of Mason's last 8 days of summer.

And I'm not joking in the least bit.
All these books were read in EIGHT days.

Madden's life right now is FOOTBALL!
He's been begging me for years to let him play tackle
and I avoided it as much as I could.
When this year came around I had two choices.
#1 - Give in and let him play. Or
#2 - Hear him whine about it every day for the next year.
Poor tired mom always gives in if it means less whining.
And the kids KNOW IT! Practice 5 days a week,
two hours a night, AND a game on Saturday.
I'm about ready to make him quit....
just so I don't have to drive to/from the field every. single. day!
He is loving every single minute of it though,
so I guess that's all that matters.

He really does love it....dispite the look of
"I'm going to die" here in this particular photo

Macks is growing up. And I don't like it one bit.
He just started preschool and when most mom's
thrive on the 2 hours without the child,
I count down the minutes until I can pick him up.
He's my favorite, what can I say! ;)-


Marley has developed this new habit of
sleeping on the floor....right outside of the
boys bedroom. I'd move her back to her bed
at least 3 times a night. I finally gave up and
figured if she thought sleeping on the carpet
without a pillow and blanket was comfortable,
then more power to her!!


She's no dumb bunny.....
It only took her a few weeks to
realize it was just as easy to
take her pillow and big blanket
right along with her....

7 comments:

Lindsey Anderson said...

As always I love your blog, because I love the way you write. I wish I was there with you on the back to school thing. I needed the break to getting a handle on things. I didn't like moving during the summer, left me all in a tizzy. Let's hope only having half the load at home gets me caught up. :)

Jill said...

Fun update! I love that they all have such different personalities. And we totally miss Macks, I wish he and Spencer could've been buddies! Sounds like you've got a busy year ahead of you, but it will be so much fun!

Meg said...

Your kids are all so stinking cute! Love the update!

Caddy Haycock said...

First of all, Mason is brilliant. How he reads so quickly I have NO idea! And Madden, he's a stud ha ha. Love my football star:) Macksen is just the cutest little guy ever! And Mar...well she's crazy ha ha. And that's why I love her!

Somer said...

OH, I would have a hard time letting go of that little face too. Macks is such a cutie. So does Mason know yet of his arranged marriage, because he and Sadie are two peas in a pod.

Leavitt's said...

You always make me SMILE! Your kids are growing so fast! Sorry I missed seeing you when you came in this week. ~ Hugs

Heather Matthews said...

I found your blog and thought you would like our website: www.MommyGiggles.com.

Mommy Giggles is a site where moms submit funny pictures to share with other moms to get a giggle out of. They can either be pictures of their kids or of other hilarious “mommy moments”.

I am contacting you to see if you have a funny picture that we could post – we would of course give you the credit, and also post your blog (if you want). There is a $25 Amazon Gift card drawing to everyone who submits a photo each month.

Hope you will get a “giggle” out of our site.

Warmest Regards,

Heather Matthews

Email Us A Picture - mommygiggles@comcast.net
Like Us On Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mommy-Giggles/180580521989697
Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/MommiGiggles