Madden with his sweet MICKEY cake Nani made him....the boys are off to Disneyland in a few days for a week with my parents!
A Nintendo DS!! Cute Mason has wanted a DS forever....then Madden gets one for his birthday from Nani and Papa. When Madden opened the gift Mason put his head down in his lap and shed a few silent tears....then like the fabulous kid he is - he gets up and goes over to Madden and gives him a hug and tells him that he is so excited for him that he got a DS. A few minutes later Nani and Papa surprise Mason with his own DS too even thought it is not his birthday! What lucky boys!
Cute brothers!
Bill and I bought Madden this sweet jump so the boys could jump it with their bikes....at first they were all excited!!
Then we went out and gave it a try on the driveway....check out that AIR!! Go Madden!!
Too bad he crashed this jump hard core....and then crashed again, and again, and again!! Mason did okay, but Madden just couldn't quite get the hang of it. We finally decided to put the jump away so the boys didn't end up with a cast on their arm or leg for Disneyland. That night as we are putting the boys to bed we hear Madden say, "Um Mason - I hate that stupid jump I got for my birthday - you can just have it, okay?" hahahah We did end up trying it again the next day and both boys did okay. Maybe this jump was a little bit premature. Maybe we should have waited a few years. If we get through this summer without a broken limb it will be a miracle!
WE LOVE YOU MADDEN!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
8 comments:
happy birthday! a big 6 year old. My goodness!
OMG! We have the SAME jump that we bought for our boys...and after watching them practically kill themselves on it...and watching Kai try his skateboard on it, I decided to retire it also...so it's in our garage....it needs to be wider because my boys kept falling off the side....we need to get our boys together....I like like 3 houses away from your cousin that lives in the LOOP!!
Michelle
First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MADDEN! I love that boy.
Second, the part about Mason and the DS? I love that boy, too. I'm slightly amazed that a boy that kind is a product of you two. :) Totally kidding. Both of you are good people and are teaching all 3 of your boys to be good people.
I'm a happy uncle.
Wow!!! Great birthday cake and presents!!
Your boys make me laugh, I love it! And what great grandparents...Disneyland (aka a week without some children) and a Nintendo DS?? Are you sure these presents aren't for you and Bill?
ummm...can i have that bike ramp!? I think that thing looks flippin sweet! maybe if i ride on it a few times I can get this baby to come out a little early! ;) And next year can i order a cake from your mom?? For real...that is talent!
Moms cakes are amazing! And Mason is the sweetest little boy ever. I remember his sad little face when he saw what it was but he is always so sweet!
Oh, my heart broke for Mason. I'm glad there was a happy ending.
um, if you have broken limb don't you get to cut to the front of the lines at disneyland?
Post a Comment