Monday, June 30, 2008

WASHINGTON D.C.

Uncle Mike and Aunt Courtney finally got married! We took a wonderful 5 day trip to Washington D.C. to see some sights and be there for the wedding. It was WAAAYYYY too hot for our liking and we were sure we were going to die at any given moment....but we kept trucking along and tried to make the most of the time we had.

We took a red-eye flight there. I was SO nervous that it was going to be disasterous. But ALL three of my boys fell asleep within the first half hour and slept the WHOLE flight. I of course got no sleep. I hate flying.


We spent our first day seeing the Washington Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the WWII Memorial, and the Arlington Cemetary. It was the longest day ever and the boys didn't appreciate any of it. Go figure!


Look how happy they are here!!


The only moment the boys truly enjoyed is when I let them play in the fountain by the WWII memorial....until we got in trouble because of the big sign that said "DON'T PLAY IN THE FOUNTAIN!" that we accidently missed! ;)- Oops!








The changing of the guards at the "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier." Very cool!




Day two I took the boys by myself on the metro downtown to meet Bill (who had gone down earlier to have a tour of the capital building) and go through a few museums. The boys and I were quite proud of our "metro skills!" We made it without getting lost even once!


At the Natural History Museum. The boys favorite! (probably because it had air conditioning!)



At the Air and Space Museum.




Thank goodness for POPSICLES!! They saved our lives more than once!


Hahaha - tired, ornery, hot boys waiting for the shuttle back to our hotel


THE WEDDING! The best picture I could get of my boys....again, it was too hot!



Tim, Marvalyn, Mike, Courtney, Bill Sr, my Bill

I was a bad mom and let my child play in a glass cup of water at the wedding reception/dinner. He was sopping wet, but happy.


The boys helped Uncle Tim and Aunt Janessa decorate Mike and Courtneys car. They thought it was the best!! When else do you get to write on a car and put oreo cookies all over it?!?


The boys at the wedding reception. Notice my boys SOAKING wet heads....ALL of that was sweat!! GROSS!


I love Sister-In-Laws!! I've been wanting some for 9 years and now within one year I have THREE! Yeah!
You can always check out our picasa album for MORE pictures!

15 comments:

Life Is Good said...

Hell must have frozen over. . . Is it really true? Has Mike Fronce really taken the plunge? Amazing! Love,ash

Aislinn said...

love the pix of the boys in front of the world war II memorial....so funny!

Ryan said...

Great pics and it was good to see you guys! I'll be posting mine soon as well.

Caddy Haycock said...

Looks like it was fun but miserable at the same time ha ha. Should have just let the boys stay with us cause I missed them way too much!!

Kristie said...

Looks like a fun, but hot trip!! I don't go anywhere in this heat and sightseeing would be unbearable!! You look cute though and isn't that all that really matters!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Wow, was it really that hot!? Holy cow. What a fun trip though. I've been to DC, but it was a long time ago. Chad has never been and I would really like to go with all the kids, but thanks to you, I now know that we will NOT be going in the summer. =)
What a gorgeous bride too. So fun!

Somer said...

Nice pictures. We love Washington, D.C., just not in June, July, or August. October or May, perfect time to go. Oh and we were there once when these bugs hatched back in 2004, yuck!

K.C. and Sally said...

Now that you have commented and I have returned the comment, we are not blog stalkers, but officially "blog friends". I really feel better about myself now. It was good to meet you and your cute family. Looks like you guys were able to make it home ok, hopefully it wasn't too hard. Hope to see you soon!

Sierra said...

Fun pix! Glad to hear yall had a good time and made it home safe. Sounds like yall are having a super busy summer. Congrats on the new siter-in-laws. I got 3 when I married Ben. :) Now we just gotta get to work on Brother-in-law's on MY side of the fam.

Anonymous said...

You are so brave to travel with 3 children on the red eye!! You are my hero! Also, I have been to D.C. and I was not impressed with the humidity and hot and I don't know how you did it with 3 kids!! You are seriously my hero!

Amy said...

What a fun trip! D.C. is a place I've always wanted to go. Hope it is okay that I found your blog!

Hancey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany W. said...

I have been to ALL those places! I can't believe you finally decide to take a family trip out there once we moved! you could have stayed at our house (ok--tiny apartment at that time) for free and I could have dragged you all around when it was at least not so hot!! Next time tell Mike to be a little more considerate with his wedding plans! ;)

P.S. I love the boys outfits for the wedding. Where those linen? Where were they from and how much? Or do i not want to know how much they cost? ;)

MF said...

http://leopatrone.instaproofs.com/collection.php?event=43764

Here are the pics from the wedding, for any of you jokers out there that don't ever talk with me.
MF

MF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.