Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MASON'S GREAT BRAIN

For school Mason had to do a "Great Brain Project." Meaning he could pick any topic he'd like and become a "great brain" on it. It was way too much work for a first grader in my mind, but it's finally over with and I'm happy! Mason chose to do his project on Norway. He had to stand up in front of his class and give a 5-10 minute speech on what he had learned. He had his Uncle Colter come (who served his mission in Norway) and sing the ABC's, count to 20, and say a few sentences to the kids in Norwegian. They all thought it was very cool!! We passed out Norwegian cookies and chocolate....which of course were a big hit! My favorite part was at the end when kids were asking questions....One kid asks, "Why did you choose to do your project on Norway?" Masons answer, "Because I thought it would be really easy!" And there you have it. My honest Mason!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

What a "great brain" Mason has! That's a good idea too...maybe for my class?? Well I heard you guys are headed to California and I am jealous! I hope that right... So if it is I hope you have fun!

Très Sucré said...

I am relieved to here that someone else's kids also give them hate mail... Sofie draws me pictures of stick figure girl with tears coming down her cheeks and says, "that's me, because you made me sad when you yelled at me..." If only they knew how much we loved them and how dang hard we are trying to be good moms!

Caddy Haycock said...

A 5-10 minute speech in 1st grade?? I don't think I gave that long of a speech until like 4th grade.

Lars said...

I've thought these are over the top for 1st and 2nd graders myself. I was stunned to discover this year that the upper grades don't even do them. I thought it was an all school thing. But looks like you all rose to the occasion and it was a grand success.