Saturday, September 6, 2008

A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN.....

We feel slightly jipped this year getting only 5 days at the cabin instead of 5 weeks....but we'll take what we can get. We headed off to heaven....I mean the cabin....on Friday and spent the next 5 days relaxing, riding, eating, creating, shooting, swimming, and laughing. The boys shed a few tears when we had to come home.....which made me laugh because I remember crying my eyes out every year as a child when it was time to leave the cabin....and I usually didn't stop the whole 5 hours home. We were lucky enough to have a PROFESSIONAL photographer (cousin Kevin) with us the whole time who captured some sweet memories. A HUGE thank you to him!

The boys and a dead little fish that they found floating down the river....and had to catch and play with. Gross!


Playing at the Island across the dock....


On the COLDEST day (40 degrees) Kevin decides to help the boys build the most wicked awesome sand castle ever....what a nice Uncle!


Can he be any cuter? No one loved the cabin more than Macks...being able to wake up in the morning and go RIGHT outside in his jammies...and stay outside ALL day long EVERY day. Pure Heaven to the little man!


On the dock getting ready to watch cousin Sitori's baptism


The boys with Sisi....we are so proud of you Si!


The men in my family have suddenly gotten COMPLETELY obsessed with guns. They all got their concealed weapons permit and now between the 6 boys in the family we have 6 guns. So the group went out shooting one day....and had so much fun!


Bill shooting....complete WITH his CTU shirt from the show 24....Sweet!


Oh, Island Park, ID.....we love you....until next year.....

9/7/2008
I had to add the following conversation Bill and I had with Mason in the car tonight. As we were driving home from my parents he was overly tired and started on a LONG schpeel like he usually does when he is tired and trying so hard to avoid falling asleep.

Mason: "Mom, I just wish we could live at the cabin. I mean, it is so much better than living here in the valley. (I have no idea where he got that word? We never use it!) It is just so much better to live by all the nature....like bugs and fish and water and dirt and rocks and stuff. I mean, here in the valley we don't have all that stuff. We just have a little bit of nature by our house. And living at the cabin would be so much more fun than living in a regular place. We could ride 4 wheelers all day and go fishing and just be outside more."

Mom: "Yeah, but ya know what? If we lived at the cabin you would still have to go to school and do chores and stuff. And you wouldn't have any friends that lived close by."

Mason: "So, I don't care about those things. It would still be the best. So why don't we go up there and start looking around for places to live, okay?"

10 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

I've been there before! :) How come you only had five days there this year?

K.C. and Sally said...

Looks like you had so much fun. Those pictures are all so great. What kind of camera do you have? I am hoping for a new one...

Caddy Haycock said...

Oh man! That was such a fun trip! Too bad it was so short :( Your family is so darn cute-I love you guys!

theolsonfamily said...

I agree with Mason! Let's all go up there and start looking for a place to live!

Sierra said...

That's funny, I live by all the nature and vacation to the suburbs to visit family and have friends close by. It works for us for now. We shall see how long it lasts.

Life Is Good said...

Hey Bill, why do you have your finger on the trigger in the group picture?

Bill said...

Two reasons:
1-The photographer had shifty eyes
2-I have the wimpiest gun so I needed a headstart in case something went down.

mIcHeLLe said...

cute blog background! Very Fall! And you are the best cousin! I saw you out at Shayna's house super early in the morning and stayed forever pulling tons and tons of weeds and grass out of the flower beds! That was nice of you...now if you really are bored, you should see my weeds!

Kristie said...

How fun!! We feel jipped too that we only had a week at Karen and Jerry's lake house. So fun that our kids will always have these memories! By the way, you look way too cute to be at a cabin!!

Aislinn said...

I was wondering why I hadn't heard about your annual cabin trip......you are usually there all summer! Too bad it was a short trip for you but it looks like you still had a good time. How neat that the cousins get baptized in the lake.