Monday, September 29, 2008

"MR. TWISTER"

This child is giving me a run for my money! Honestly - he is a terror! Mason and Madden never even came close to getting into the kind of mess and trouble Macks can get into. I'm really not quite sure how to handle it. Every time I turn around he is about to hurt himself or is going to ruin something. You would think with just one child at home I would be accomplishing so much....wrong!

Hands down my biggest domestic weakness is not putting away the clean, folded laundry. I'm so good at washing it and folding it, but putting it away in the closets and drawers is enough to kill me. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm slightly specific about HOW I put it away....and it just takes too much time to organize and clean out everyone's closets and make sure every article of clothing is in the right pile or hanging in the right order.....it is so much easier to just leave it on the floor in piles and dig through it each morning to find something to wear?!?! Geez, I really need to work on that! Putting my logic in words really makes me realize how lame I am!

Macks LOVES to destroy my piles of laundry....he can go through a pile one article at a time and chuck it over his head faster than I can get up off the couch to stop him. And the worst part is - he thinks it is SOOOO funny.


All one year olds eat chips and salsa....right?!? Mason left his bowl of salsa and some extra chips on the table for 2.2 seconds and Mr. Twister made his way to the leftovers before anyone even noticed. I think he quickly realized he got too much salsa in this one bite....hahah!


Someone can climb right out of his chair (buckle and all) and thinks his official place AT the table is ON the table. Why he prefers to be RIGHT SMACK DAB on top I will never know!




I'm reading with Mason the other night and realize Macks is nowhere in sight. I ask Madden to go and find him and a few minutes later I hear a shreeking scream...."Mooooooom - Macks is IN the dryer!!"


Sure enough...He opened the dryer IN THE MIDDLE OF A CYCLE and climbed right in with the warm clothes. I'm figuring it took him a minute to get in because the clothes can get really hot and he didn't seem to have burned himself. We have a brand new dryer and it is HARD to open....I have no idea how he got it open by himself!?!?

Again...like every other naughty thing he does....he thought this was really funny!


I didn't stop to take a picture of him HANGING (both feet in the air) from the hanging light fixture ABOVE my kitchen table when I walked into the kitchen a few weeks ago....or the one of him and my WALL covered in marker that he must have gotten off the desk in my office in the basement. No toy in the world...or tv show will keep him occupied for longer than 10 seconds.

I think he's too little for time out. He doesn't stay put in one spot....even if I was able to super glue him there....he'd find a way out in about 3 seconds flat. So a firm sharp "NO" and removing him from what he is doing seems to at least get my point across. But then he runs behind the couch or in the closest corner and does his fabulously mastered fake cry....and doesn't stop. He milks his punishment for all it's worth.....then gets right back to work.

13 comments:

Très Sucré said...

Sounds like my life! It's a good thing they are cute, right?

Somer said...

Chiara-That sounds like Jack of late. He's always been mischievous, but we're at an all time high. And what is it with being on the kitchen table? Why isn't sitting at it good enough for these little guys? I love the climbing in the dryer though, that is hilarious!

Caddy Haycock said...

Ha ha! I'm not so sure I want to watch your boys this weekend anymore..ha ha. Just kidding-they're too cute to refuse!

Erin said...

Macks and Paige must be meant for each other! Her favorite thing to do is climb and today she is sporting a huge goose egg on her forehead after trying to climb up on top of a stool at the counter that fell on top of her. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this! Good luck :) (That picture in the dryer is hilarious!)

Jill said...

Oh we love that little guy :) It's so nice to play with him when he's happy and then quickly pass him off to you guys when he's not. Go Macks! Keep up the good work buddy!

Tiffany W. said...

About time you get a bad one! Welcome to my life x three! (cuz all of mine are bad)! ;) Good thing they are so cute. I am pretty sure God made that a survival characteristic--otherwise we just might not put up with it all!

P.S. That is one flippin sweet dryer! Does it have a washer to match it? I am very envious!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear about Macks!!! Ok, that didn't sound right...but, I am right there with you!!! Brooklynn is into EVERYTHING!!! Her new thing is to pull all the toys from her room into the living room! I don't know what to do with her either, so don't feel like you are alone!!

Carly Knibbe said...

haha I love that kid so much! He is so dang cute! And I can't stop laughing about him getting in the dryer, that is hilarious!

The Holverson Family said...

This is the greatest! I love the picture of him in the dryer!! I hope you don't mind me dropping in ... I like to have comments left so I know who is reading. Emily

Thompson Family said...

Chiara-
This sounds very familiar...Kyle was just like that (even the dryer thing). He is now 6 and still a handful--GOOD LUCK. I am hoping Heath is more like your other two. So far, so good, but not quite at the year mark yet so we shall see...

MF said...

Natural consequences. If he climbs in the dryer, you just turn it on and let him go around a few rotations. Make sure to put it on a low setting and throw in a dryer sheet, too. Not only do you not want the kid to get burned, but the dryer sheet will help him smell better. Like Mountain Freshness. Ah...

Kristie said...

He is so cute!! I don't know what it is about he third child but they are into everything...or maybe we just don't have as much time to be the perfectionists we used to be!! If it makes you feel better, my laundry stays folded in my baskets too:) We have a problem - I can't put it away either without making their entire dresser perfect. What is wrong with us? Like having it in the baskets is any better! Ha!!

Lars said...

Oh man! Quite the list of "accomplishments"! At least his brother called you instead of shutting the door!