I just have to vent here for a minute. On Halloween we were all decked out in our costumes when I decided to make a quick trip to the grocery store for a few last minute things for dinner. While we were at the check out the, the, the.....I don't even know what to call her....we'll just say "the girl." I can think of lots of other words to use, but I won't. Let's just say she was one of those girls who likes to take advantage of the fact that it is Halloween so she can dress in as little clothing as possible. But that is not really the point I'm needing to vent about.
As she is scanning my items she looks at my boys and says, (in a really valley girl/snooty tone of voice) "Um...what are they supposed to be?"
I want to say, "duh!" but instead I smile and say, "Mario and Luigi"
Totally blank/confused look crosses her face....so I add, "you know, from the classic video game Super Mario Brothers?!?"
Still clueless she just wrinkles up her nose and says, "oh."
Then looks at Macks and says, "She's a cute cat."
At that point I actually kind of wanted to start laughing. I mean...REALLY? What kind of cat do you know has a white stripe from the tip of its head to the tip of its tail?! Come on lady!! I won't get too offended by the "SHE" part of the comment....I know I have "pretty boys"....and I'm proud of it!! :) As we finished up I really wanted to say to her, "You probably shouldn't talk to your customers....just ring and bag their groceries! Have a good day!"
10 years ago
9 comments:
unbelievable....she really really needs to get out of Harmons once in a while and check out the world...that's like when I was buying a pregnancy test and had my 3 kids with me and the lady at Walmart said "so, you want MORE kids?" yeah #@!* I do...ugh..some people...oh, and everyone always thought my boys were girls too...they had big curls and big eyes...and WHO doesn't know Mario Bros? are you kidding me?
Wow, that should make you worried about the slim pickins your boys are going to have when they enter the age and years of dating. No worries, I am sure you'll prep them for that!
Yeah, seriously, some people! I remember I was at Home Depot with Sofie when she was about 18 months... She had pigtails in her hair, and she was wearing a purple puffy sleeved shirt and this guy comes up and says, "I bet he loves this store!" Your boys are gorgeous! And I can't even imagine a how beautiful your little girl will be!!!
LOL - my boys have always been called girls, too. I know, I know - looking at Parker you would never know it since he is such a big, beefy kid now but ..
Some people just don't get it!
people and their comments. And seriously, who doesn't know what a skunk looks like- or who Mario and Luigi are!?! Cute costumes :)
Ha ha, I love the "she's a cute cat" comment. Hopefully she can tell a real cat from a skunk when she sees one in real life or she could get really stinky!
Love the comment Jilly! ;) War, my guess is that she thought she was being funny by acting 'ditsy' and not knowing what you were talking about ha ha. Who mixes up a cat and a skunk though??
Pepe le Peu (the cartoon skunk) always thought that female cat was a skunk...so it must be a common mistake! ;)
Ya some people really shouldn't talk!! HaHa!!
Post a Comment