Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blogging in Heaven

If Heaven is anything like I imagine it being....there WILL be blogging....and most likely facebook too. I mean, how else are we going to communicate with each other up there? ;)-
I'm hoping my brother Cody will get to read this.

My dearest Cody,

I don't know where to begin really. It has been one week ago this morning that I got the call from Colter telling me what had happened and to get up to mom and dad's as fast as possible. There have been so many emotions.....too many actually. Too many emotions that don't go together. You shouldn't have to feel broken hearted, anger, and peace all at the same time. Today I feel numb. I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow and realize all of this was just a bad dream. It just doesn't seem real.

I wish more than anything that I knew what was going through your mind in those last few minutes of your life. I wish there was something I could have said....could have done....that would have made a difference. I wonder if I could have been more in tune with the spirit and could have sensed how much you were really struggling on the inside....and then done something about it.

There is a part of me that hopes you can see the pain you've caused. I hope you saw Madden laying on his bed last night, long after he was supposed to be asleep, looking at a picture of you with his flashlight and crying silent tears. I hope you felt the pain that I did while I watched him through the crack in the door. I hope you can see your dog pacing around the house, looking out the window whining and waiting for you to come home. I hope you can see mom and dad as they struggle with feelings of guilt and sleepless nights.

But then again, I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy. The other part of me hopes more than anything that you CAN'T see us or feel the pain we are going through. That part of me hopes that you are at peace. That you are free of the mental pain and anguish you felt here on earth. That you are wrapped in the arms of your Savior and are happier than you've ever been.

Cody, I love you. I love you unconditionally. I've always loved you. (Even when you wouldn't walk on the same side of the street with me when we walked to school because in your words I was "too happy in the mornings." hahaha!) If I could, I would put my arms around you and give you a huge hug and a big kiss on the cheek. But because I physically cant, I do so in spirit and rely on our Savior to do it for me. I pray that you embrace him back...that you feel of his atoning sacrifice.....and that you know only He can wipe away your remorse and right all your wrongs, and return you to be with our family forever. I hope you are doing whatever it takes to continue to progress and make this happen.

I promise you that I will do the same thing here. Give Aunt Jan, Grandpa Gordon, and Cousin Greg a hug for me. XOXOXO

All my love,
Your favorite sister, Chiara


22 comments:

Kristie said...

I love that you wrote this letter to Cody and shared it with all of us!! I would have every kind of emotion going through me too! Every time I read the different things you and your family have written about him the tears just come!! You are amazing and we have been thinking about you guys everyday!!

Elizabeth said...

K, now I am crying again. I wish I could hug you and be there for you. Is is July yet?

Cailey & Brady said...

love you war that was perfect and everything i would want to say to him too... we all miss him and we will be with him again. i love you big sis thanks for being the best example a sister could be!

Cambry said...

I can't stand it.

Erica said...

Oh Chiara. I'm so sorry.

Jason and Tricia Loder said...

Chiara, I don't even know what to say. My heart is broken as I read this. I am crying. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what HELL you have been through this past week. What a wonderful letter to your brother. I pray that he reads it somewhere, somehow. It is perfect. You are so strong and such a good sister, daughter, wife, mom and friend. Please know that you have been in our family's prayers. We love you guys so much! The Loders

Lars said...

Hugs Chiara! We are praying for you and everyone who loves Cody.

Aislinn said...

oh Chiara! What an amazing, heartfelt letter. Thanks for sharing it and making me cry. Hugs to you and the family.

Tiffany W. said...

Ahhhh! I am bawling my eyes out now...right after doing my makeup and right before i have to be somewhere...THANKS! :) You are a wonderful sister...I am certain Cody will get to read this and I am certain he knows of your eternal love for him. I love you more than you can know and think the world of you...

Anonymous said...

Chiara, what a sweet and tender letter:) we are still thinking and praying for you and your family.

p.s. they BETTER have blogging in heaven;)

Somer said...

You made me cry. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you must feel. And your mom, okay I have to stop crying now. Just know we love you.

Thelin Family said...

Kiara-
Your words truly touched me. I am crying while staring at the computer with nothing to say. There is no right words but do know that many people love you and you and your family our in our prayers. Your testimony has strengthened mine. Thank you!
Kristin

Thelin Family said...

Maybe I could spell your name right next time - oh brother! Love you CHIARA!

Jill said...

Chiara that was perfect. Love you guys.

Kristie said...

Wow. I am so sorry for all that your family is going through. I even glanced past this obituary last week, not knowing it was your brother, and felt so sad for his grieving family. I can only imagine the mixture of emotions, but you put it so well. I admire your testimony and your compassion.

Carroll Conversations said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What a hard and shocking thing for you all. I'm so sorry for your loss, and so sorry for all the things in life that he didn't get to experience. I'm sure our loving Heavenly Father has created some way for him to still experience those things. We love you guys!

mle said...

I hate that I have to leave a comment and that I am not right there to hug and be with you guys right now. Your letter was amazing-you are AMAZING. Words cant express how Blair and I feel-tears just come. We love you guys, we love Cody, and we cant wait for one happy reunion someday. You are all in our prayers. WE love you-Em and Blair

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Chiara,
Thank you for sharing that letter with all of us. My heart goes out to you and your entire family. Isn't it great that we have the knowledge of the gospel in our lives? I want you to know that we are thinking and praying for ya'll.
The Withers Family

The Holverson Family said...

It sounds like you have a very amazing brother - thanks for sharing a wonderful letter! Please know that we are thinking of you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I have come back to this post like 4 times thinking that I may have come up with the "right" thing to say, but then I realize that I don't know what to say at all. I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through this. This letter was beautiful, thank you for sharing.

OlmsteadFam said...

Chiara we are truly sorry for this pain your family is going through. Your family is in our prayers daily, and we feel your pain. We went through this experience last year and still ache! It is difficult to cheer up and push forward but we do it, day in and day out... knowing and evermore appreciative of the atonement :)
We love you!
Matt & Kelly

Jennie Brown Stephens said...

OH Chiara, that was so touching.You are an amazing sister, and I know Cody feels your love and is being guided and loved by our Savior. I have suffered with a loss like this and I know it really hurts, but there is comfort in KNOWING Gods plan.*hugs*