What do excess stomach skin,

(okay, this is not me, but I do see a strong resemblance between myself and this lucky girl who's photo shows up in Google search when you type in "excess stomach skin"......although I wouldn't mind being that tan, I'd love a pair of those jeans, and that is a really cute bra.....)
Playdough,

and a cute little 2 yr old all have in common?
Let me tell you....
You know those moments where you only have 2 choices....cry or laugh...and you have to make that choice quickly or you'll just end up crying whether you want to or not?!?! Let me take you back in time to one of those moments I experienced.
It was two days after we brought Marley home from the hospital. I was sitting on the couch nursing Marley when Macks walked into the room. He stopped, looked at me, got a big huge grin on his face, and ran and jumped on the couch next to me. I was sure he was so excited to see his baby sister (or heaven forbid, maybe me)....but NO! He was excited about the lovely, pasty white playdough that he saw hanging around my waist!! He jumps up on the couch and proceeds to KNEED this playdough (aka my excess stomach skin.) I look up at Bill who watched this whole thing play out. I'm pretty sure there were tears already starting to form in my eyes. I can see right through Bill. He soooo wants to start laughing, but is waiting to see my reaction first so he doesn't get in trouble. A little sound comes out of my throat....a mix between laughter and sobbing....then I look down at Mack's. He is STILL KNEEDING away with a look of pure satisfaction and joy on his face. I chose to laugh.
A month later Macks still likes to kneed my "playdough" everytime I nurse Marley. I've tried to distract him everytime I nurse by reading books to him, or singing songs to him, or tickling his arms (which usually puts him into a "coma")....but he still prefers to play with the "playdough".....and not just for a minute or two, but for the WHOLE time I am nursing.
I've chosen to look at this from the bright side......THIS playdough doesn't make half the mess REAL playdough makes......
I'll take it!! :)
8 comments:
Chiara, this is so funny. you could get this post published I think because every mom in the world of more than about 2 kids or so could relate! Very well said. So funny. I personally am very attatched to my "playdough"....toally kidding, I hate it. I am always trying to justify that it's not fat right? Just "extra skin"??? My cute children didn't really do this to me, right?
Your post made me laugh! I can totally relate and I always try to hide my "playdough" every time I nurse.
I have a six pack so I can't relate, but maybe all his kneeding will work it back into shape. :) And you have a baby like a month ago so I am pretty sure that in a few months your playdough will be all gone and you will be back to your skinny self.
Send Macks on over to my house...if he thinks your play-dough is fun.... he will have a HAY DAY with all of mine!! ;)
this is pee your pants funny Chiara! hahaha! But be happy you have playdoh and not bread dough like me :)
okay your really making me want to have children now.....
Yes I agree with Michelle.. serious pee your pant funny! And I would prefer play dough over my "bread loaves". You should be writing a book about MOMMYHOOD. I am in tears laughing at everything you write!
You do need to write a book, I am cracking up, you write some good stuff, and the best part is- it is all 100% true! I have a great idea, lets do a friends trip to Hawaii again so we can all enjoy your playdough!!!!!:) Seriously, when are we going back?
Post a Comment