Friday, March 20, 2009

My husband, the comedian

We decided to have a relaxing, romantic evening last night by taking all 4 kids out to eat and to run some errands!! :) Macks wouldn't stop crying unless Bill was holding his hand...at all times...even in the car while Bill was trying to drive, Marley screamed the entire time no matter what anyone tried to do for her, Mason and Madden were TRYING to be good...they just couldn't quite do it.

Some highlights of our trip:
- Dumping more than half of my Jamba Juice in my lap
- Getting pooped AND peed on by Marley while changing her diaper in the car
- Bill has to take all 3 tired, grouchy kids in 3 stores by himself because my pants and shirt were....ummm....N-A-S-T-Y!!
- KFC forgets to give us our mashed potatoes and gravy....the ONLY reason to eat at KFC!

Midway during the trip Bill says, "New rule! We are never going anywhere together again. And I'm serious!! I can go places by myself and mom can go places (pause) IF she gets a babysitter (meaning, NOT HIM), but we are never doing this again."

I'm just smiling and looking out the window

Bill: "Why are you smiling. This is not funny. I'm being totally serious."

Chiara: "I know you are." (still smiling...and trying NOT to laugh. Do all moms find it hilarious when your husband can't seem to handle the chaos that you face on a daily basis? Or am I the only mean one?)

Then I make the mistake of making us hit one more stop...WALMART. Who knew it was the night the Twilight DVD comes out?!?! Not us!! The parking lot was PACKED!! There were news reporters and police cars everywhere....Bill was NOT a happy camper. When he got back in the car after his mad dash inside he says, "Babe...I dropped the biggest bomb in the sporting goods section. Cleared the whole place out. I just wish I would have done it closer to the huge line of girls waiting for the Twilight DVD. That would have been awesome!"

I love my husband....even when he can't handle the chaos of a family of SIX....or even when he finds great joy and satisfaction in dropping bombs.

8 comments:

Erin said...

This sounds just like the romantic dates that Jeff and I have too. I'm glad we're not the only ones out there.

mIcHeLLe said...

oh that post totally made my day!!! And I LOVE when I get to go to work for that exact reason...I come home and hear "oh my gosh! today was crazy!" and then I wait for something really bad to have happened...but nothing did...just the normal, what happens every day day.....
we don't have 4 kids, but still find it hard to go places together...we went out Friday night to dinner and whew! what a chore! but then I think we need to get out more so my kids learn how to act!
and I am with you, KFC w/out mashed potatoes and gravy..is a total waste!
and I can just see you smiling out the car window..thinking "welcome to my world" ...cute post!

Carly Knibbe said...

haha that is awesome. bill is so dang funny. too bad you guys dont live down here in st george cause i would have watched the boys and mar mar for you....so move down now!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

I was laughing so hard tears started coming to my eyes. THIS IS SO US!!! And we only have a family of 5. What's it going to be like with one more?!
You guys crack me up!

Darcy said...

That is so funny! This is exactly how it is with each one...we always tried to avoid going anywhere with all the kids...at least your in UT, people have lots of kids there...CA we could silence a room by just walking in it with our 5 kids!!!

Jill said...

Ahhahaha that is too funny. I too wish Bill could have caused all the girls in the Twilight line to scatter because of some strange stench. Sorry Chiara, I don't think I'm going to offer to change Marley for a few weeks; or at least until she can control herself a little better ha ha. Love you guys!

Ashley said...

You are making me nervous...at least I will know to NEVER go anywhere with all four AND my husband. Oh yeah and just skip jamba juice if ever it calls my name.

Lars said...

See...now this will be funny to all of you...one day.
You make me laugh. But yeah, I have those, "I'm really sorry for you!" moments while thinking "welcome to my world". Not that he doesn't help out a ton, 'cause he does. And it takes about 5-15 min. for him to feel like I do at the end of the day.

You might want to try a DVD and dinner for 2 after the kids are in bed or at least during Marley's last nap of the evening.