Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School

The boys started school on Monday. They were both a little nervous to be going to a new school, but like I suspected they came home happy as can be and so very excited.

All Mason can talk about is the fact that he gets to use highlighters in class. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the sentence, "I always thought you had to be in college to use highlighters....I can't believe I get to use them in 3rd grade!!" Highlighters were on his list of school supplies....so I'm just hoping that the magical day of highlighter use will come sooner rather than later or Mason might burst.

Madden is his normal "pretends to be really negative about things....but really isn't" self. He left his planner at school today and when I asked him about it he sighs, rolls his eyes, huffs and puffs a few times and then says, "The kids at my table are just SO out of control and wild and just made me forget it!" He can ALWAYS find someone to blame.


Did I mention how "cool" my boys are? ;)-


And of course Macks couldn't be left out and had to jump in a few pictures....jammies and all!


Meeting up with our friends to walk to school together


Here's to a wonderful school year! I love you boys!

4 comments:

Caddy Haycock said...

I cannot believe how old your kids are getting! 2nd and 3rd grade..that seems crazy. I love these two boys though, they're both brilliant and i'm sure no matter how they act, they really love school. I can't wait to see them and hear all their new stories of 'adventures at the new school'!

Tiffany W. said...

What a bunch of handsome boys!! Tell Mason that I think the scar on his face totally makes him look bad-ass! ;) Hope the Charter school works out for ya!

Jill said...

Oooh I am loving these pics! I love the picture with Macks ha ha. So cute. Gotta love the first day of school pictures :)

MF said...

Charter school? I was wondering if you all sent the memo around for the "Let's all wear Polo shirts to the first day of class!"