Soccer ruined my life....
or so I always like to tell myself.
Growing up I was the only child out of 8 that didn't play, so naturally I had a negative attitude towards the sport. It seemed like it was always in the way of everything. My Sophomore year I thought I'd be cool and try to fit in so I joined a co-ed team at the local rec center with my friend Elizabeth. Bad idea. The worst part was that 2 girls on each team had to play at all times....and if I remember correctly there were only 3 of us.....so you could say I got a lot of playing time!
You also say that the boys on my team disliked me very much!! :)
My family so graciously attended all of my games. For some odd reason though, all I can remember is that they sat on the sidelines and laughed?!?! BUT, to their defense, I bet it WAS rather comical to watch me play as I lacked any and all coordination. It was easy to cross soccer off my list of dreams and goals.
I swore I'd never let my kids play soccer. But I have. I even coached one year. Lately my boys have been really into the sport....as they play it every day at recess. When I found out REAL Salt Lake was coming to put on a free soccer clinic I knew I should be a good mom and let them go. They loved every minute of it and I'm afraid I might have to let them play soccer again sooner rather than later. Dang-it!
We even got autographs from the players that came to coach!
.svg.png)
6 comments:
Hi Chiara. This is Barbie Harper--sorry to blog stalk you! Its fun to see your blog. I heard you're a JetBlue "crewmember" and I'm applying right now for a Bilingual Reservations Position. (My Spanish is mediocre so I'm working at it and crossing my fingers.) Would you be willing to write me a recommendation? I don't have your email so here I am.... Let me know if you have a few minutes. barbieharper@gmail.com
how fun is that!!! I wish we would have done that clinic! My boys aren't really into soccer, but I am thinking about putting Kase in....he needs non stop running/action.
and sheesh...you got to check out all the HOT soccer dudes!!! Is that why you REALLY went Chiara???? ;)
ha ha don't feel to bad, I lived with all soccer players and they tried to get me to play church ball...lets just say scary!!!! they looked like they were loving it!! how fun!
Our Tuesday and Thursday nights are at the soccer field. It is a consuming little sport. However, my girls love it. It seems like it keeps getting more popular. I think you have many more games ahead of you...sorry.
Was there another girl? I can't even remember if there was. I only remember that I had a crush on that kid Micha. Why did we think we wanted to do that. Ha ha ha ha. I am laughing just thinking about it.
All I have to say is that Real Salt Lake SUCKS! ;) I saw them play here just a couple weeks ago against the Houston Dynamos... and we kicked their arse! (Not to mention they were the biggest poor sports ever picking fights and getting tons of red cards!) Your kids are just as well off getting coaching skills from you! ;) I ♥ you!
Post a Comment