Wednesday, October 28, 2009

~~~HAWAII ADVENTURE~~~


I am weeping as I write this post. We are home from a 10 day adventure in Hawaii with my entire family and it is snowing outside. I guess you could say that I'm a teeny bit depressed about it. We went to watch my sister Carly play soccer. She won all 4 games and even scored with a header. Go JoJo!!

Cailey, Carly, Caddy - aka: The three little girls


Madden and Marley in the airport before we left.


Arriving in Hawaii - the kids did FABULOUS on the flight!


I should have known the day we left that Madden was going to get sick. Look at those eyes!! Sure enough, day 2 he was sick as a dog and was confirmed as a SWINE FLU PATIENT! I wanted to cry. The only thing worse than a sick child is a sick child on vacation. But he surprised me. He was an amazing little guy....never complained....and still wanted to participate in all the fun.

We saw Jason Mraz in the airport....or wait, is that Bill?!?! He cracked us all up by wearing my sister Curry's hat all throughout the airport. I love this guy!



The view from our balcony at our condo


My dear children had a horrible time getting used to the time change. We were awake before 5am the first 4 mornings, had breakfast in the dark on our patio (as to not wake up the lazy butts that were still sleeping), watched the sun rise together, and played on the beach in our jammies before anyone else was even thinking of waking up.



Aunt Caddy so kindly volunteered to ride with us in our van....


but after day 5 of listening to THIS every time we went anywhere....
(someone REALLY hates her car seat)


She changed her mind and decided to ride in the "FUN BUS."


Madden jumping off "chicken rock" into the ocean at Waimea WITH the swine flu

He may have puked all over the beach after swimming to shore....and I may have caught it all on video camera!! hahah! Our family named this rock "chicken rock" after we watched this guy sit up on top for 45 minutes trying to get the guts to jump...but could never do it.
Next time buddy....next time! ;)-

Boogie boarding was by far the favorite activity


Mason took to it like a pro and caught every wave the big kids caught!
He couldn't get enough!




Watching everyone get thrashed about by the waves was pure entertainment.
Colter and Jill probably had some of the worst spills


Even little Macks joined in


We hit Ted's Bakery, Cholo's, Pearl Harbor, Matsumoto's, the LDS Temple, the Dole Plantation, the swap meet, and every beach we possibly could.




Macks couldn't stop talking about "A-WHY" (Hawaii) before we left, while we were there, and hasn't stopped since we got home. I think he may be a true Hawaiian at heart




I couldn't keep Marley on a towel at the beach if my life depended on it. She LOVED the sand...and unfortunately ate more than her fair share



Our favorite beach....Sunset Beach


Marley LOVES her Papa! They became special friends on this trip


Aunt Caddy's way of keeping the boys from fighting in the car.... a non-stop photo shoot


"Mr. Swine flu" got precedence over the babies for the stroller


Seriously...anything cuter than this? My little Macks loved to find shells


Our nightly ritual consisted of playing poker and eating Melona Bars


A BIG THANK YOU to my wonderful parents for making this trip possible.
I love you guys!!

What wonderful memories we made. You'd think 10 days with 17 people would be a little much....but not with our clan. It was pure enjoyment. We missed Cody and wished more than anything he was there with us. I like to think he was able to watch us from above and got a few good laughs out of us.

And another big thank you to my sister Caddy for being our non-stop photographer!

16 comments:

Caddy Haycock said...

Uh! I miss is so much! Great captions and picture choices War! You're the best. Miss you all.

Carly Knibbe said...

you forgot to thank me for playing soccer and making the whole trip possible..........

Patrick and Paige said...

MMmmmmm MELONA BARS!!!! I read the entire post and all I can think about are MELONA BARS!!! Maybe I will head to the Coopers. They ALWAYS have some on hand:) great pictures!

WRYUN said...

What a great trip!! We are super jealous over here....And, we missed your cute family for Halloween! Our street was actually pretty fun, Jen roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, and we scared the crap out of everyone. Hopefully we see you guys next year!

mIcHeLLe said...

ugh. can you say jealous? I am so jealous....sooo much fun!!!! I love love love that pic. of Macks' hand w/the seashell....great pics. Caddy!!!! You really are talented...oh and great job narrating them Chiara and taking careof a sick kid on the trip :) and you're right, his eyes did look sad in the airport pics...he is one tough kid!!

Katie said...

And here Bill was being all interested in our Italy trip...little did I know you can just gotten back from Hawaii! I'm glad I got filled in on it all virtually. Love all the pics and captions!

Curry said...

Ah, A-why!!!!! I miss you already! I really thought that I could convince Pooty to move there..... I was unfortunately unsuccesful! I wont stop trying though! Thanks for the recap. It was such a fun trip!!!! THANKS MA AND PA!!!!

Tiffany W. said...

hahah! I love the guy behind Bill staring at him in the airport. Probably wondering if that is someone famous he should know! ;)

Looks like so much fun! What a great trip with family!

I was really hoping you would have posted the video clip of Madden barfing though! ;)

Mike and Chelsi said...

SO SO JEALOUS!!!

Elizabeth said...

You didn't tell me that Madden was sick! He must have been good and it slipped your mind. The swimsuit pic is really so cute. You should blow it up and put it in your downstairs bathroom. CHEESE!

Thelin Family said...

please dont send me pictures of hawaii when Oregon is turning rainy and bleak :) It looks like you had a great time - you seem to have a wonderful family. Great pics. Miss you guys

Shayna said...

i'm laughing hard at carly's comment. looks like a blast, but you know you missed me:)
p.s. caddy is the foxiest thing out!

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

I think the best part of the whole trip was the 45 minutes that some guy spent on "chicken rock." Being afraid of heights myself, I completely understand how he felt. I think we should rename it "courage rock" for the courage that the old man demonstrated by just climbing up the rock. I prefer to look on the bright side of every situation.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

So fun! I will have to say that my favorite picture is the one with all your boys on their boogie boards. Adorable!
What a fun trip! I'm gonna have to go there now to get away from this cold weather!

colterhaycock said...

Lol - Oh Dad. I'm not nice like sweert Chia-relli... DAD was the chicken on "Chicken Rock". What a wuss!

All the pics are great but I don't really need to see Caddy's cleavage in the last pic :P

Kristie said...

Oh I'm so jealous!! What a great time...minus the swine flu. Bet it was hard to go back to reality! All of your kids are the cutest!!