Monday, October 5, 2009

HOW?

There were 3 little reasons why I hesitated sending my boys to a new school this year:
#1 - I have to pack them home lunches EVERY DAY!
#2 - I have to DRIVE them instead of watching them run out the front door in my pajamas.
#3 - Madden has this amazing way of destroying pants. He went through SEVEN pairs of jeans last winter. I knew that uniforms (khaki pants) would not even come close to holding up as well as jeans. I saw dollar signs flashing before my eyes.

Ends up I don't mind packing home lunches. I feel like my boys are eating healthier than they ever have. They are willing to try new things and we have found some great ideas for cold sack lunches. I actually really enjoy driving them to school. It gives us a little alone time to chat without the constant noise of Macks and Marley. HOWEVER, reason number 3 is going to send me over the edge. Day 1 of wearing khakis to school....and we already have a hole.

HOW?!?! I JUST DON'T GET IT!

I mean, I know boys are boys. I know they are rough on things. I know they don't think about anything but having fun. But really? ONE day in a brand new pair of pants and there is already a hole? If this trend continues I'm afraid I will have to have to start a "Madden's Pants Fund." So...for those of you that love him......start saving up.....or I'll be sending the child to school in shorts with snow boots in 30 degree weather.

6 comments:

mIcHeLLe said...

i know how he got the hole :) Today Kase said "mom, I play with Mason at recess a lot, but not Madden now because he plays soccer on the black cement (asphalt) and everyone is always falling down skinning their knees!" i'm not kidding...he said this tonight, so I think it's funny...but not...that you posted this...ugh. dang boys...

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

Count me in for the "Madden khaki pants fund." I'm good for one new pair of pants every week.

marvalyn said...

Gotta love that Madden Fronce-so tireless...like the energizer bunny!! I would also add my contibution to the fund-

Tiffany W. said...

ha! I totally know that feeling! When we were in LA Connor was required to wear a uniform too. He wore khaki shorts every day possible just for that very reason! But when absolutely necessary... we went through khakis like crazy! Target, Wal-mart, Khols (Chaps), Old-Navy, Children's Place... you name it... I tried it! I was willing to pay anything if it meant they were durable and would last! Finally (after someone told me) I tried Academy Sports. Do you have that store? They sell uniforms... they were the cheapest I found... and had reinforced knees! By far the most durable out of all! Go check it out now!! :)

Lindsey Anderson said...

That cracks me up Chiara!! I am not so sure I would be loving the #2 reason, because I still don't love the driving and picking up...even if I go in my jammies. So not this weekend but next, or next are open for you guys to come down!! Lets make it happen.

Life Is Good said...

My mom use to sow patches on my pants.