Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just because.....

Some days I want them to hurry and grow up.
Today I don't.

Some days I want to bury my head under my pillow to drown out the noise. (aka NON-STOP WHINING)
Today I don't.

Some days I wonder what on earth I was thinking
when I decided to have kids.
Today I'm glad I do.

Some nights I wish I was by myself in a hotel room with no alarm clock, room service,and a good book.
Tonight I think I may let a child sleep with me.

Yesterday I told my sister-in-law that I'd pay her $5 per child if she'd take them back to live with her in California.....then upped the ante to $15 if she promised to never bring them back.
Today I'm glad she turned down my offer.

Today wasn't any different than every other day.
The kids still whined.
They fought. They made messes.
They argued about doing homework.
But for some reason....all I could do was smile.
I can't promise that tomorrow will be the same......
but for today I am grateful to be a mom.

**Some would think Macks and Marley are my favorite (as I don't have any current pictures of Mason and Madden).....but that is not the case. They just think they are big enough to have a say on whether or not I can take pictures of them.
Tomrrow I'm making them have a photo shoot....

11 comments:

mIcHeLLe said...

oh my goodness! Marley is getting soo big!! And I just love the picture of her reaching up to Bill's Jeep!! in her little jean skirt and tights!!!! cute post!

Jill said...

Great post! Sometimes I can't wait until bedtime and then, I secretly hope Spencer fusses so I can go snuggle the crap out of him! I need to try and remember that feeling during the day!! Thanks!

Caddy Haycock said...

I have some! I have pictures of Mason and Madden!:) They love their auntie Caddy and I love them too.

Cailey & Brady said...

haha your kids are the best! and you are the best mom around! i'm so glad you have them! thanks for being such a good example! love you

Mike and Chelsi said...

how cute was that!! I love your kids they are extremely cute!! And getting big so fast!!

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

What a great post! Thank you for that. I think I have those days more often then i should, but then when I actually sit back and think about it, i really am grateful to be a mom. Thank you for sharing.

Your kids are adorable by the way. I don't think i can say that enough.

Tiffany W. said...

Love that last pic of little Marley May! Too cute for words!

So can I pay you $5 each to take MY kids then?!? ;)

Kimbria said...

Love the post! I couldn't agree more. I need to take more pictures of Micah too.

Jenn said...

I SO hear ya! I think this often but then remember I wouldn't give them up for the world. Hug them while you have them! :)

Scott said...

I love reading your posts...especially this one. I can relate so well to this. Although times as a mother are definitely challenging, it's the most amazing thing ever. Your family seems so happy and they are so cute. Great job on being such a wonderful mother!

colterhaycock said...

Hahaha - Macks is so freaking cute in his beatles shirt doing his signature "peace dude".

Thanks for updating your blog so Jill and I can look at it. It makes us feel like we don't have to update ours :P