Many of you have asked about my comment regarding
having to PAY for my blog.
As of right now....I haven't paid anything.....
Here's the low down.
Obviously to have a blog on blogspot
you have a gmail account, right?
When you sign up for a gmail account
you are automatically signed up
for a Picasa Web Album through google as well.
Most of you probably don't even know it exists....but it does.
Go to picasaweb.google.com
and sign in using your gmail account info.
And whaaaa laaa
EVERY picture you have ever put on your blog is there.
The scary thing is.....is that the security settings are set allowing
everything and anyone to see or
search your images through google.
On the top right hand side there is a link labeled "settings"....
click on that and change all the settings how you want.
click on that and change all the settings how you want.
Under that settings tab there are 4 more tabs.....
"general, email notifications, privacy and permissions,
and storage." If I were you I'd click on all of them
and make sure they are set how you like.
On the main page of your account under the "My photo's
tab go to the very bottom and it shows you how
tab go to the very bottom and it shows you how
much storage you have and how much you are using.
When you reach the max amount,
you can "upgrade" and pay for more storage.
If you delete images out of your picasa web album
it deletes them from your blog automatically.
SO BE CAREFUL!
The best way to avoid this getting full and having to pay for more storage is to always shrink your pictures before putting them on your blog. Especially when you have a really nice camera that takes HUGE pictures (which I DON'T....but I make my sister who DOES have a really nice camera take a bunch of my pictures for me)....it obviously takes up more room.
I simply deleted a bunch of my pictures on my web album,
re-added them in a smaller/shrunk version and then re-posted them on my blog.
A pain in the butt.....but at least I didn't have to buy more storage....for now.
And there you have it.......

6 comments:
Sorry about my giant pictures..they're better quality though:)
Okay, so no April fools joke huh? Wow, I was shocked to learn this. Thanks for sharing. I really thought you were trying to pull one on us. I was glad to be able to change some of my privacy settings on there. Thanks! =)
Ok that is kinda creepy that anyone can see the pics!! So glad you told me about this!!!
I too am so glad you told me about this. I have been a nervous Nellie wonder if everyone has access to my picasaweb.google.com blogspot gmail account!
What the hell are you talking about? Who is this Picasa Web guy that is trying to shake you down for money? Let me at him!
oh my hell... I laughed so hard and for so long at your dad's comment!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!
I was thinking April Fools too. I love to post via email and I can do up to 5 images at a time if I pick the option to makes all my images smaller. This makes it one step to shrink & post, but it puts all the photos at the top of the post.
Post a Comment