DRIVING BY MYSELFWITH THE MUSIC TURNED UP LOUD WHILE I SING ALONG LIKE A
ROCK STAR!!
It all started when I had to DRIVE to work this week....
three days in a row....
to attend an 8 hour training each day.
to attend an 8 hour training each day.
Unlike most people, I don't DRIVE to work.
I roll (literally) out of bed,
throw on my sweats,
and walk (with my eyes still closed)
down the stairs and into my basement.
There I boot up my computer, put my headset on,
lay my head on my little pillow that sits besides my keyboard......
and wait....
for some crazy person that is also awake at 3am
dreaming about their next vacation and wondering what it would cost,
or some cute old grandma wondering if her grandaughters' flight
is going to be on time NEXT WEEK?!?!
or those early (and not always very nice) risers in New York
that MEAN BUSINESS when they call.....
But back to the point of this post.....I got to drive....in my car.....all by myself....for three days in a row. I turned on the heat as high as I wanted. I turned on MY radio station. And I sang out loud to every song. Over the three days I counted 7 people that "caught" me singing and started laughing at me.
(I MAY have been seat dancing as well....and do you know that your pointer fingers and your steering wheel make for a really good drum set?!?!)
But I didn't care one bit.
All I knew...is that I wasn't listening to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,
no one was whining, or fighting, or crying.
The sun wasn't in anybody's eyes.
No one was hungry, or thirsty, or needed to pee.
And I even forgot that I was in a mini van!
Day 1 took me 20 minutes to get to work. I arrived on time.
Day 2 I was pretty sure I should give myself an extra 20 minutes...
just incase traffic was really bad ;)-
Day 3 I was SURE that something bad was going to happen....
so I really needed a full hour to get there.
I drove in the right hand lane (I NEVER do that)
and I drove well UNDER the speed limit....
just to savor every second.
Day 4 I cried because there wasn't a day 4 in my car by myself.
Day 4 I cried because there wasn't a day 4 in my car by myself.
I'm thinking about a road trip. By myself.
To somewhere really far away. Like China.
There are roads all the way to China....right?
There's gotta be!
There are roads all the way to China....right?
There's gotta be!


9 comments:
I am soooo driving with you to China....would a crying newborn ruin it for you?? ;)
I can so relate...to the whining kids that is. Okay, so I might have been caught a time or two singing at the top of my lungs all alone in my minivan relishing every moment of "freedom." Loved this post!
haha!! okay, you are HILARIOUS! that is just too funny... are you jealous that i always get to ride in my car with the music turned up? cuz i might be jealous of your darling little cuties... wanna trade for like a day? (or maybe just a couple of hourS?)
Ha ha the funny thing is that I can TOTALLY picture you in my mind! Gettin' into it with your head tilted back and your mouth wide open, singing at the top of your lungs. Love you Chiara! I'll help you find that road to China :)
I love the freedom of being in the car alone! go wherever you want,no snacks or drinks and other such things that get in the way!
You are a riot! I so relate to this. I didn't know that is what your job consisted of. I do drive to work about 10 minutes away, but am used to life with kids in the car and this just spoke to me!
Chiara, I was thinking about you today, totally started laughing. I was in my van with 5 kids who wanted the radio turned WAY up and I thought, if I could just be in this van alone I would turn the radio OFF! And sit in silence! Isn't being a Mom fun?:)
Now all I need is a sitter. That sounds so fabulous! Hope the training didn't put a damper on all that bliss.
I love this post, Chiara. You crack me up. It is so true though! I wish I could come pick you up and we could drive childless and have the radio all the way up and sing at the top of our lungs! I miss you! :(
Post a Comment