Saturday, November 20, 2010

Double Digits

Mason is TEN!!
I hate it.
Really, really bad.
I sat and stared at pictures of him as a baby the other day...
and wondered where the time went.

We had a low key family party
complete with Mason's favorite meal...
funeral potatoes and ham.
Opening his gifts was probably
in the "top 10 days of my life."
Not kidding.
He is the sweetest kid around....
and proceeded to shed tears over the
pure joy and excitement of his gifts.
Although, he did a very good (and manly)
job of trying to hide them.
It makes a mothers heart melt when a child
is so grateful and appreciative....


All a ten year old boy needs....
a book, an ipod nano, and Fossil Fighters DS game.

(and we don't need to tell him that his nano was free ...
thanks to Aunt Curry who's had it for 2 years and never opened it!)

6 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

That melts my heart, too! My kids would never cry over opening presents... well, maybe they would, but because I DIDN'T get them something they wanted. What a sweetheart!

Elizabeth said...

I am with Tiff. There are usually cries of, "I didn't want that"! Some people get all the luck. ;)

Jill said...

So so cute!! When I saw your title, I thought you were pregnant with multiples...then I realized how many you'd have to be having to get into the double digits! Happy Birthday to such a grown-up boy!!!

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

Mason is one special boy. He is so kind and gentle. I sure love him.

Lindsey Anderson said...

Just caught up on your blog! So fun to see you having so much fun together. I love a trip with my spouse. Your costumes were sooo adorable, and I think Marley is precious no matter what she wears. So crazy that our kids keep getting older..Avery is not to far behind.

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

I love Mason, but it is time for a new post. I live for your posts. Come on, get going!