Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A BOY THING?!?

Okay....so Mason has school lunch almost everyday. A few days here and there he'll tell me he doesn't like what they are having for lunch the next day and asks for home lunch. I packed him a lunch the other day....thought I was being such a nice mom and put a cute note on his napkin:



The next morning I was going through his backpack seeing if there was any homework we forgot to do or important papers I should see and then cleaned out his lunch box. (I know - that should have been the night before....but I'm a bad mom) Instead of finding rotten apple pieces or a half full juice box leaking juice all over like I thought I would.....I saw a clean lunch box with a cute little note written back to me on the backside of the same napkin I sent to school with him:


Hahahahah - I couldn't stop laughing! I knew that at some point I'd do things like that to embarrass my kids....but I didn't think it would start this early. This reminds me of a funny story of Mason when he was in PRESCHOOL. Everyday I'd pick him up after school and say the same thing. "Mason, how was school today?" And everyday he'd answer the exact same way, "Fine." Then I'd proceed to ask my second question...."What did you do today in school?" His response, "I don't know." And that was the end of that.....if I asked any more questions they'd get the same type of response. Toward the end of the school year I picked him up one day, started to go through my usual series of questions, but he stopped me after my first question with this resonse as he rolled his eyes (which is something he's picked up from his dad): "Hhhhhhh (a big sigh...another thing he inherited from his father...who is the master of all sighers and all eye rollers) Why do you ALWAYS ask me that?" It was that very moment that I realized I was dealing with a BOY here and not a girl. I could envision picking up my daughter from Preschool and asking her the same questions and getting more than my fair share of information. But a boy is a totally different story. I guess I better start learning how to deal with boys.....seeing as I have THREE of them! Or better yet - they just better start learning how to deal with a nosy, mushy, gushy, detail oriented mother!! Yah, I like that idea better!

9 comments:

Cambry said...

HILARIOUS! At least he signed it "heart," Mason. What a clever, subtle way for him to deal with his mushy mother.

MF said...

Man, I love that kid. I laughed out loud and started coughing. Funny boy.

The Poulsen Family said...

It's not just a boy thing Brooklyn does the same thing to me every day too. I think it's just the age but I love the reactions to the questions about school :)

Kristie said...

That note is hilarious!! Don't worry about the boy thing...someday you'll get daughter-in-laws. Karen calls to talk to me because Chris still is that way!!

colterhaycock said...

Hahaha - I'd expect something like that from Madden, not Mason. Except Madden wouldn't have drawn the heart. He would have said like, Hate Madden or something. hahaha

Seth Washburn said...

too funny!

Carly Knibbe said...

OH MY GOSH CAN I TELL YOU HOW FREAKING FUNNY THAT IS! WOW MASON IS THE FUNNIEST KID EVER!! HOW CUTE.

Jill said...

Carly must not have realized that caps lock was on when she posted her comment. What a n00b

Chiara said...

....and Colter must not have realized that he was logged into his wifes account when he posted HIS comment. We all know that his sweet wife Jill would never call someone a n00b! :)