Monday, May 12, 2008

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!


I seriously have the best mom in the whole world! Let me tell you a few reasons why:

1. Her motto is: "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well" - Everything she does is done with nothing less than perfection. She puts her heart and soul into every task and challenge she is faced with.....

2. She puts everyone and everything before herself. My favorite quote that you'll hear my mom say quite a bit is, "I haven't even had time to go to the bathroom today."

3. She would always let me skip school and hang out at home with her (and my friends who skipped with me...I won't name names to get anyone in trouble!) ;)-

4. She knows how to do EVERYTHING.....and if by chance there isn't something she knows how to do, she figures it out and ends up doing it better than anyone else. Us kids say she's MAGIC!

5. Growing up we NEVER left the house without perfectly clean matching clothes and our hair done to perfection....all EIGHT of us.

6. She is the last one to sit down to dinner and the first one to start cleaning up after dinner.

7. She ALWAYS looks gorgeous! What other mom of 8 kids do you know that still looks like she is 25?

8. She is an amazing grandma! To put it simply - all three of my children would rather live with her than with me....and yes, they've all told me that except for Macks. But the fact that he DIVES out of my arms to go to her the second he sees her - and I have to pry him out of her arms to go home....I'm fairly sure he feels the same way.

9. She has more determination than any other "grandma" (I won't divuldge her age) I know. Nothing is too heavy, too far, too long, too hard, or too impossible for her.

10. She has an amazing testimony of the gospel and the light of Christ shines in everything she does.

I could go on forever, but I won't. I LOVE YOU MOM! Thank you for your testimony, your example, your unconditional love, and for just being YOU!

3 comments:

Caddy Haycock said...

War that is all 100% true!! You described her so well!

Life Is Good said...

Its ironic that you posted a blog about your mother, because for some reason I have been thinking about her alot lately. Since I am new at this mother thing and I am somewhat overwelmed my thoughts always go to your mom. I wonder how she did it and how she looked so fabulous doing it!

Tiffany W. said...

Your mother IS fabulous! what can i say...you are very blessed!!