We PROMISED the boys we would come out and help them build their snow cave the morning of Christmas Eve. They were beyond giddy and the work was going quite well.....
....until mom (the snow cave noob) dug a little too much out of the roof and caused half the fort to collapse. I was kindly asked (through tears) to retire and just watch. I obliged.

Dad came to the rescue and was able to turn the ruined part of the cave into a fort like structure....complete with a high wall to hide behind during snowball fights. The tears quickly faded and the smiles returned.
Playing in the snow and building caves/forts reminded me of my brother Cody. He LOVED the snow. I told my boys how Uncle Cody made the best snowballs ever. He would sit there and rub (with bare hands) a snowball over and over until it was perfectly round and solid ice. He would build snow caves and actually sleep in them with his friends. He would have loved to help my boys build their cave/fort. I like to think he was watching from Heaven.....I miss him.
1 comment:
gosh mom...ruin the fort!! ;) that reminds me of my little brother growing up..he made a snow cave and swore he was going to sleep in it all night...so my mom brought him out blankets etc...it was so funny! Only half his body fit in it...and he only made it for a little while....poor kid really wanted to prove he would sleep in it all night!
that's a fun tradition to carry on w/the kids in honor of Cody :)
Post a Comment