Thursday, April 9, 2009

One good thing....

I started back to work this week after my SHORT 6 week maternity leave. While I was sitting in my cold dark basement this morning at 5am talking to people on the phone that were driving me crazy I had a "woe me" moment. I was feeling sorry for myself....for the lack of sleep I get, for the endless diapers I change, for the fact that I have to have a job, for the fact that I'm gaining weight instead of loosing it, and that my husband has to work on Sundays, and that my house is always messy, and that I miss my brother and his cute smile, and that I have no patience and I'm not a very nice mom most days, and I'm a horrible friend and have no time to play.....okay, I'll stop.

And then when I got off work I came upstairs to this:


And I was suddenly grateful that I have a job and that I have to work early morning hours. Because if I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to see this cute sight. If I wasn't working I would have been asleep, and Marley would have been in HER bed, not mine. (Bill loves to go against my rule that the kids have to sleep in their own beds....Is it that he loves to cuddle with them and hold their little hands, or is it that he is too lazy to get up and put them back in their beds after he soothes them?!?) I'm grateful that I got to stand by the side of my bed and stare at these two for a few minutes this morning. I truly love being a mom and a wife.

11 comments:

Katie said...

Way to look at the bright side :) I think you're Super Woman. Seriously. I don't know how you do it...but you do it like a pro.

Elizabeth said...

Such a cute picture! I have a similar one like that of Eric and Natalie but I think I thought to myself "Why am I awake and he is taking a nap with her?" You are such a positive person so good job!

Erin said...

Oh Chiara, I just love you. And you're totally allowed to have those moments where life is less than ideal. It makes the other moments so much more enjoyable. (Aren't little girls and their daddies just the cutest?)

Lindsey Anderson said...

I love, love your posts and the way you write. I am so glad that I am not the only one who has those moments (the downer ones). We need to see you soon, and your darling baby!

Jill said...

Awww! What a cute pic! Chiara, you're awesome, we love you :)

Tiffany W. said...

you most certainly are allowed to have your "woe is me" moments... but you truly are blessed and how much more blessed you will be for being able to recognize it! I think i would have been mad that I had to move the baby back to her own bed and possibly wake her up before I could climb into my own bed and go to sleep! ;) Such a sweet picture of the two of them!!

Cailey & Brady said...

that marley may is one chubber i LOVE her can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! you better be coming to cars games with the kids! love you sis you are amazing!

mle said...

Nothing better to melt your heart than a daddy/daughter moment. So cute, and those cheeks are killin me(I mean Marleys:)But it sounds like Blair needs to come give you some of his famouse back rubs. He is due for a vacation since he didnt come to Florida with us. Hang in there my friend, we love you!

Caddy Haycock said...

Cute picture War! And I miss sitting downstairs in the freezing basement, giving you back massages and watching/listening to you work!

Cambry said...

You sweet thang!

Jenn said...

Awwww - you are so awesome, Chiara! I TOTALLY hear you on the "wo, me" moments - I have them often lately. Thanks for showing me how I SHOULD think - you are such an example! Love ya!