Thursday, April 16, 2009

SEXY LIPS.....WHAT?!?!


Close your eyes and imagine this scenario with me.....

I'm sitting in the dental chair, mouth wide open......the dentist is inches from my face as he's checking out my teeth. Then he says,

"Can I ask you a question and not have you be offended?"

I'm all...."Um, sure." (with my mouth still open wide....why do dentists always ask you questions when their fingers are in your mouth and you can't really answer back?!?! That has always baffled me.)

"Are those your real lips?"

"What?"

"I mean, are those your natural lips, or do you do botox injections?"

I laugh a little uncomfortable laugh....."no, I've never done botox injections"

"Wow, you have really sexy lips!"

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?! DID MY DENTIST REALLY SAY THAT TO ME?
I mean, all girls LOVE compliments, right? But THAT compliment coming from my dentist whose face is INCHES from my face...that is just WRONG! Right?
I'm fairly sure I'll be looking for a new dentist.
Any good reccomendations?

13 comments:

Cambry said...

Whoa, Doctor Perve was outta line! Although, you do have desirable,full,collagen-free lips. Look up Dr. Steve Soelberg. I used to work with him; I think he's out south now. If you want to drive to Sandy: Dr. Brian Homer, Dr. Tyler Carlson, or Dr. Somebody Callahan are swell.
P.S. What did you reply to your dentist's inappropriate comment? Don't tell me you said "Thank you."

Kristie said...

Uh, yeah, that is not okay. It's a little something they call sexual harrassment. And I know that may sound a little over the top, but seriously, I would be making some sort of complaint. I grew up working in my dad's dentist office and that NEVER would have happened. Does he even realize what a liability that is? Wow. Not very smart.
By the way, I love Dr. Rodney Thornell in Herriman. He is great, honest, his office is amazing. And I can almost guarantee he will leave your lips alone!

Tiffany W. said...

hahahaha! You should have said, "why yes... the better to kiss you with!" and then laid a big frenchie on him. Or, at least, that is how it played out in his mind! EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW! ;)

mIcHeLLe said...

ha!!! Just imagine what would have happened if he had put you under general anesthesia!! that dude's a freak.
We see Dr. Brown in Riverton,really close by at Stone Creek Family Dental....they are sooo good w/kids too..and have a cool treasure box to pick cool goodies out!
oh, that's weird...i bet you just about peed your pants sitting there...but I am going to have to check your lips out next time I see you :) mwwwwah!

Chiara said...

That's the thing Michelle....my lips are SO not anything to write home about...which is why you've never noticed them before. I've always disliked them...my upper one disappears when I smile. I think the poor man must have been going through a divorce or something!! :)

Lars said...

Awkward!
We have a great dentist and he's probably older than your dad and he's not far away at all. Call me if you want the name. Lloyd has known him for many years.

Aislinn said...

funny that you say that.....If you are still with the dentist I think you are talking about.... the one you referred us to when Justin and Bill were at Fed Ex????.....we left for that same reason. Everytime it was a new comment similar to the one you received. And he'd even harrass Justin about kissing me. Creepy. Good look finding someone new for your teeth.

Thompson Family said...

Wow. That is creepy! As a dentist, I can't even imagine saying something like that to a patient! You should come right back here to Portland and see ME! Just kidding. We do have a couple of dental friends in the Provo area, though. It sounds like he is a perv with other patients too (and likely his staff). A complaint may be in order.

OlmsteadFam said...

Yep, totally insane. I seriously think some people are missing that little part of our brain that says, "maybe this isn't appropriate!" ha ha! Love the pics of new baby girl :)

kevin swiss said...

I don't see what the big deal is. I think your lips are very sexy. ;)

kevin swiss said...

Was his name Krentist?

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Was he cute? =)

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

I think you are over-reacting a bit. If you don't want to go back, don't go back. But just because someone pays you a compliment, albeit a strange one, doesn't mean he is a pervert.