Friday, June 5, 2009

and then he turns 7.....

Madden is seven years old. My how time flies when you are being whined at....I mean, when you are having FUN!

Every year I tell myself we are NOT going to have a big birthday party....and then when the next year comes along I forget how much "fun" those big parties are and I throw another one....can someone help me out and remind me next year please?!?! We had a football party for Madden this year...surprise, surprise....you never would have guessed.

When everyone arrived Madden led them (band director style) down the street to the park to play a little non-competitive, friendly game of flag football.


The red team was SURE they needed to "warm up"....
probably Mason's idea...



The yellow team just huddled up to come up with some good plays....
probably Madden's idea....



I tried to convince them that the SIDEWALK would not make the best end zone....BUT they wouldn't listen to me....I know nothing.


Madden's "master play" usually consist of him being the quarterback. He MIGHT pass the ball to another team mate, but only when they have been instructed to throw it immediately back to him (because now he is magically the running back), and then he scores. Who gets to kick the field goal you might ask? Madden of course...because he is the kicker too. Someone is still in the process of LEARNING that football is a TEAM sport.......a big thank you to his friends that humored him on his birthday and let him do whatever he wanted.


During the game there were some broken flag belts, some serious arguing over rules, and even some tears shed. Who knew this little game of flag football was going to be so intense?! NOT ME!

Group shot after scarfing down 4 large pizzas.
We won't mention anything about Madden's "girlie" pose...he'd be really upset with me.



He wasn't at all excited about any of this gifts....


A big thank you to Nani for making cool football cupcakes for us!


Until next year....oh wait...there isn't going to be a party next year.
I almost forgot!! ;)-

9 comments:

Cailey & Brady said...

ha oh how i love this little boy! he is seriously the highlight when i come home he never forgets to yell may may when he sees me then run to give me a giant hug and sometimes a kiss only if i ask! :) ha i sure love him! can't wait to move home!

Caddy Haycock said...

Happy birthday Madster!! I love you! I love how this boy loves football so much-he is going to be a star player one day :) Your description on Madden playing every position in football..sounds fairly similar to the stories I've heard about his Aunt Jojo playing basketball at his age..ha ha! I think the competition runs in the family! I'm glad the boy had a wonderful party! Love you all!

slymer said...

My friend said that you have birthday parties so that when you see how rotten other kids are, you appreciate your own kids that much more... We didn't even do birthday parties this year...

Tiffany W. said...

Happy Birthday Madden! Looks like tons of fun!

Tiffany W. said...

oh yeah, i almost forgot... I got the biggest kick out of those kids doing sit-ups before their game! hahhahaa! so funny!

Aislinn said...

Seven?!?! Where have all the years gone? I am calling you right now to set up our picnic in the canyon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to such a cutie!! Funny story about the party!~

colterhaycock said...

Haha - The best part is that one team "warmed up" and the other just came up with plays. Good times. Madden is such a stud!

Jill said...

Ha ha I love how during the warm up some kids are doing crunches!! Ha ha Happy B-day Madden!