Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4 months

The past few weeks have been hard. I don't know why. I can't
pin-point a specific reason.....but I have found myself in tears
more often than I'd like. I miss Cody. Really, really bad.
Every morning and every night we say our prayers
together as a family....and every prayer since we lost Cody he has
been mentioned. Someone forgot to mention him a few weeks ago
and I kind of snapped. Is it really realistic that we will mention
him during every prayer for the rest of our lives? Probably not.
When IS it time to stop mentioning him? I don't know!?!?
But obviously I wasn't ready for it when it happened naturally.

I'd like to share my favorite quote with you....one that has helped
me more than once throughout my life.

"There have been and will be times in each of our lives when such faith must be the bottom line....we don't know what is happening to us or around us, but we know that God loves us....and knowing that, for the moment, is enough." ~ Elder Neal A. Maxwell ~

I testify that KNOWING that one simple little fact IS indeed
enough to get you through some of your darkest hours.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful quote! I got the goosebumps when I read it, so that must mean it was something I needed to hear:)

We all mourn in different ways and heal in our own time. I'm sorry you have been struggling.

WRYUN said...

Thanks for sharing! We all have our dark difficult moments whatever they may be, and I think you may have shared something that many of us need right now!

Curry said...

I miss him too. It's weird, it seems to get harder and harder. At first it just felt fake, like he was on vacation or something, but now it finally hit me that he's really GONE!!!! I hate it. We really need to go spread his ashes, I think that will help us all to feel some closure. Thanks for being there for me War, you are the best. Love you

Tiffany W. said...

Seriously... that is an awesome quote. And do you know what I can't wait to do more than anything on this trip out there to see you? Throw my arms around you!!! It is long over due.

Ashley said...

wow...i needed that. one of the best quotes i have heard in a while. sorry you have been struggling. i will keep you in my prayers.

Lars said...

Grieving is like that. It comes in waves...little things often and bigger clouds at times. Hugs!

mle said...

I love you Chiara, and thank you for that quote. You are amazing,I admire your honesty and strenght, i miss you.