Yesterday was bitter sweet. My brother Cody would have been celebrating his 32nd birthday. I'm fairly sure none of us expected our emotions to be as high as they were.
It was a very.....very hard day.
It was a very.....very hard day.
On Cody's 11th birthday my sister Carly was born. Although I was only 9 years old, I can still remember the smile on Cody's face when he woke up to find out mom and dad had gone to the hospital in the middle of the night and Carly had been born....all 4 lbs of her.....6 weeks early. Cody LOVED, and I mean LOVED his little sister. He was such a good big brother. Man, we miss him!

We have 21 birthday pictures like this......only 2 others are with pictures of Cody instead of him in real life....the 2 years when he was on his mission...we are going to have to get used to this way...dang-it!
To mix things up a bit and help make the day a little more enjoyable for Carly we threw her a surprise birthday party with all of her friends. She has some wonderful friends who really made this day wonderful for her.




5 comments:
Carly sure does have lots of guy friends. :)
Happy Birthday Cody.
That is so awesome. I love the idea what a great tradition to start.
Happy Birthday Carly and Cody!!!
I thought of Cody and Carly... and your whole family all day yesterday. Love you all!
i love what you did with the balloons!
happy birthday to both of them:)
Oliver and I petted Cody's picture on his birthday, and talked to him. I hope he caught all of the balloons.
Post a Comment