Monday, May 25, 2009

My Flower Girl


"I like your eyes, I like your nose, I like your mouth, your ears,

your hands,

your toes,

I like your face....it's really you....

I like the things you say and do.

In all the world....in every town...


you could look both up and down.


And you would never find it's true....


another one, like you."


My mom used to sing this lullaby to me as a child. It was on a record that she bought from a door-to-door salesman called "Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes." Knowing how much my mom loved this record and how we hadn't heard it in 20+ years, I tracked down a copy of it a few years ago from this funny (and kind of crazy) man online who felt like his lifes goal was to transfer every record onto CD. hahah! When I popped it in at my mom's house to surprise her we both started bawling. The memories came flooding back....it was like I was 3 years old again. No joke. I now sing the songs to my own kids....this one being my favorite...

7 comments:

Jenn said...

WAY cute! I LOVE that song (I remember it from when I was little, too - at least the first part). And Marley is absolutely ADORABLE, too, of course! :)

Shayna said...

Awwww, remember when you'd sing that to baby macks and he would coo along? Ps I'd like an audio recording of YOU singing it... The written words just don't have the same effect:)

Jill said...

I agree with Shayna, we need you singing it on here. I've heard you sing it, and it's awesome! What a darling little baby!

Caddy Haycock said...

I think I could do without the recording ha ha. I like it better by the original singer :p Just kiddin' War-you're an awesome singer and an amazing mommy!

Tiffany W. said...

Love the precious body part pics... they are too cute! Can't wait to hug, hold and kiss sweet baby girl!! :)

Cambry said...

Sweet Marley. And thank you for giving me a copy of that CD. That song is special.

Courtney Sargent said...

I love it when you sing that song! What fantastic lyrics!