Saturday, May 2, 2009

POKEMON GEEKS

My boys are geeks. There, I said it. I feel much better now that this big secret is out in the open! Mason and Madden love...and I mean L-O-V-E anything and everything to do with Pokemon. Last night the boys had a "late night" with some other Pokemon geeks. They were in heaven! They sat around, ate popcorn and candy, giggled like little girls, and played pokemon on their D.S's for hours on end.
(The best part about the late night...is that it ended at 9:30pm. I hope my boys will always think 9:30pm is late!! )





Now...If only I can get Mason to think of ANYTHING besides joining the National Pokemon Championships....he thinks he'd like to travel the world (literally) and challenge other geeks in the Pokemon card game. Hummmm, if only he had this much enthusiasm for sports, his school work, or helping his dear mother do anything. On the other hand, maybe I should encourage this enthusiasm and let him do it - he could make us some good money!! :)

6 comments:

mIcHeLLe said...

Hi. My name is Michelle...and my two boys, pictured above, are also Pokemon Geeks....thanks for putting this out in the open. And I am still laughing that there really IS a National Pokemon Championship....seriously. I thought you were joking this morning when you told me that....Ok, Mason wins the Pokemon MOST geek award...but then again, there are a LOT of $RICH$ geeks out there....maybe he could be a sports agent? like Madden's sports agent? ha!
oh and i LOVE that it ended at 930...perfect!!! you rock!!

Mr. Haycock, Sir said...

It's their Uncle Carson's fault. He is the original GameBoy Geek and he passed it on to your boys. Sorry Babe!

colterhaycock said...

Dad got that one right. I was gonna ask where Carson was with his Pokemon shirt? hahaha

Carly Knibbe said...

i bet carson is secretly a member of the National Pokemon Championship and we just don't know about it....

Caddy Haycock said...

They are geeks for SURE. The best is when they are talking deeply about Pokemon and I feel like they are speaking a foreign language and don't understand a word! I think you should let Mason do it-he'd probably win ha ha.

MF said...

They tried to explain their Pokemon DS game to me. I didn't get it and they looked at me as if I were retarded.
And, for sure your boys are Pokemon nerds. Look at Mason's face in that first picture.
N.
E.
R.
D.
But I love the boy. And, you are good parents for letting him geek out on that. Their Pokemon is like our Voltron.