Everyone needs a happy place.
When I need to escape I pop in this song and close my eyes....
And before I know it I'm single without children. I'm wearing this darling yellow polka-dot sun dress with cute flat yellow sandals. My hair is pulled back into low messy pigtails. I'm not wearing any make-up and I'm not wearing my watch. My skin has a nice golden glow to it. I haven't decided if I'm going bra-less.....however, I am leaning that way. But don't you worry, I DID shave my legs and my armpits!!
I'm in Italy....on a cobblestone street....by myself. I have unlimited funds, no where to be, no worries, and no one knows where I am. I'm running. In fact, I'm running "Phoebe style." (As in Phoebe from FRIENDS....that episode where she goes running with Rachel in Central Park....I've always wanted to run like that!!) I stop at a few shops to buy some killer things....like a new fancy purse, some jewelry that I'd only wear in my happy place, a nice fattening piece of chocolate, and an old antique little table.
And then my 3 minutes and 22 seconds is over and it's back to reality. I take a deep breath and go change the 104th dirty diaper of the day, build legos with Macks, pick up a few toys, fold some laundry, THINK about making something for dinner, read with Mason, do homework with Madden, cuddle with Marley, and laugh about something with Bill. I am so very grateful for my reality AND my happy place.
p.s. The song is way better on CD....I highly recommend Rosi Golan's CD
"The Drifter And The Gypsy."
It is FABULOUS!!

8 comments:
This song will now forever remind me of our drive to and from Colorado :) You're the best War!
how funny is this post!!! I can totally picture you..and my favorite part is when you say "darling yellow polka-dot sundress".... My grandma always says darling...
What would you do without all my songs? Isn't Rosi the best? Can you add me into your happy place in Italy? I would be the best traveling partner. :) Love you and all your little turds........
love the song. You go to that happy place as often as you like. It is healthy. :)
That picnic up the canyon SOON sounds great. I'll call you when we get back in town.
I want to join your happy place too... but you have to wear a bra! ;) hahaha. You are such a nut... you almost make me look normal... I love it! :)
I say go bra-less, much more fun!
You crack me up Chiara, I love you girl-and I agree-bra less is the only way to go! I havent been on your blog in a while, you have the most amazing way of making me laugh and cry all at the same time. We miss you guys.
If my opinion counts at all, please wear your bra. Love Dad
Post a Comment